Happy hours at Ernesto's, White Plains...

Visited Ernesto’s on W. Post Road, White Plains early last night for their happy hour and there was a pasta making demo going on near the bar/lounge. Charlie, the host, said they plan to have Imma Simone on the premises every Thursday, Friday and Saturday making fresh pasta for the restaurant. She put on quite a show: the gnocchi , fettuccine. ( I recalled seeing her doing the same at the former Pax Romana.)
We shared a few half-price appetizers and some wine on this visit, and the bar was bustling. Hot Antipasto was flavorful, as was the Fried Calamari with a good red dipping sauce. On recent visits I have enjoyed their decadent Garlic Bread, Spiedini alla Romana, and Orecchietti pasta with broccoli rabe, sausage, garlic & oil…
Oh, apparently there is live piano music at the bar on Sundays now.

1 Like

There are some great dining deals coming out of here. Ernesto’s is now offering a weekday special: a pound of mussels, choice of sauce for $5. I took advantage of that one at the bar along with some other patrons. I started with a chopped gorgonzola salad, then I did a bowl of mussels with fra diavolo sauce and it was very nice…good bread for dipping, too.

Visited with a guest again last night during the tail end of their Happy Hours. Imma, the pasta lady, was preparing a fresh variety for the kitchen. We opted for the Gnocchi with broccoli rabe and sausage. It was delicious! Our opener was a Hot Antipasto for two, also very tasty…

1 Like