Happy holidays everyone!

Yes, it is pretty and very small. Most foreign tourists don’t go this way but the town does get lots of domestic tourists. Without the snow the “magic” is missing somehow. But then when there is snow we bitch and moan about the cold.

I think you meant “Wien” : ) Wien is german word for Vienna.

1 Like

No, of course I don’t mean Wien! My German isn’t excellent but of course I know that “Wien” is the German name of Vienna, or rather the real name of that city. I mean that in this German textbook, on the map of the German-speaking world, Vienna was called “Wein” rather than “Wien”. That is why I was joking that it was probably a deliberate “error”.

1 Like

Haha… OK. It could be cool to have a place called Wein/Wine anywhere.

1 Like

in all seriousness, the warm weather makes me nervous-- that there’s a shoe to drop sometime.

Either we’ll get a killing freeze before this winter is out, or I and all the other Florida denizens will be spending the entire hurricane season with one eye over our shoulder. We’ll have to pay for this eventually.

It was warmer in Tampa today than it was on July 25. Go figure that one.

1 Like

Yes, lagatta, it is concerning, although the meteorologists are assuring us that this is really El Nino, and not climate change. Hard to swallow this completely, given the records being set in so many areas. Unbelievably, we do have some snow forecast for early next week so maybe we’ll experience some normalcy this winter after all.

That said, we did decide to embrace the unique Christmas weather yesterday and today and just soak it all up. What a glorious couple of days. I do wonder if the cherry trees will go back to dormancy and then blossom again at the appropriate time in spring. It will be interesting to see. Let’s hope they get through this period unscathed.

Hope everyone is having a fabulous holiday season!

1 Like

Happy 2016!!! Wish everyone plenty of delicious bites in the new year!!!

4 Likes

New year, new chances, good health and new delicious discoveries, everyone!

Cheers!

It’s all over shortly (in my time zone)!

In case someone fancies Currywurst crisps…

1 Like

Geeze look at me missing this thread and ignoring all my fellow Ho’s!

A belated Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays/Happy New Year to all!!

My sincerest wishes for a happy and healthy and prosperous year ahead for all! May your plates remain be full and your cups runnith over! All the best wishes my friends; God Bless us all.

1 Like

Unfortunately (?) I’ve never had the pleasure of Currywurst crisps.

I love your little stag. Did you buy him there?

Bonne année à tout le monde chez L’Oignon affamé.

My partner ate most of the currywurst crisps. It has curry powder and I don’t eat curries. The first time I got the same crisps it was in Leipzig several years ago. Now I realised this flavour is not readily available in other parts of Germany.

I got the deer last christmas in Konstanz (by Bodensee/lake Constance, in southern Germany and only across the border from Switzerland). Have been looking for a moose and not finding a perfect one yet.

Happy new year to you!

Lol lagatta I think you intended to respond to Presunto’s post, not mine. Took me a few minutes to figure out what in the heck you were talking about!

Yes, bob and Presunto, I was replying to Presunto. Perhaps I’ll find you a little moose here in Québec.

I don’t actually like Currywurst; I thought it would be a curry-flavoured sausage, not a cut-up sausage served with a sauce including curry powder. There is a curry-flavoured lamb sausage at a butcher’s at Jean-Talon Market near me. Not my favourite either.

Thanks, Lagatta. But my next “epic” * holiday next autumn will be in Canada (northern and eastern).

(* expensive and thus take us 2 years to save for it)