Happy Father's Day - cooking today or going out?

For all my fellow HOs and the women who celebrate a special man today, Happy Father’s Day!

So, I am making dinner for my family tonight. Who’s cooking and who’s going out?

1 Like

Happy Father’s Day! Lol. Isn’t your family supposed to cook for you while you chill?

I am doing nothing. We’ll probably go out to somewhere hole-in-the-wall that’s not crowded to grab lunch.

2 Likes

As previously posted on the New Jersey board live lobster rolls Texas style, mine anyway, in fresh flour tortillas with butter.

1 Like

We need some pics! Are you using lobster or carribean/spiny lobster? I love both

Dave, I’ve got 2 NY strips and a ribeye. I plan to go see my parents a little later

Folks …it’s hot here for NJ… 80s and pushing 90s inland. I told my mom to grab some dogs too. I’m in a dog mood after reading the NJ dog thread. She might go to local smoke and get a few things in RB. We didn’t quite plan this out well but it could be a good food session lol

2 Likes

Wishing all the HO’s a Happy Father’s day. Hope everyone gets spoiled!

Live Maine.

smoked chuck for pulled beef, Grilled corn and roasted potato wedges. Caprese salad of slice tomatos, fresh motz, and basil. Fresh cantaloupe for dessert

1 Like

Happy Father’s Day and delicious meals for all!

1 Like

I really can’t recall the last time I actually got to spend father’s day with my dad… but i did today!! :star_struck:
Mom and dad are visiting so today was fantastic. We went out to dinner at an izakaya, details on WFD (hint: beer and soft shell crab tempura were involved)

My 10 year old made me breakfast in bed-scrambled eggs and cut up strawberry and cucumbers. Later I noticed she had returned the spatula to the utensil rack on my kitchen wall - completely covered in hardened scrambles eggs!

I have a tradition of getting fish and chips on father’s day so we went to Red Hill Station, one of my favorite local seafood spots for dozen oysters with a glass of albarino and fish and chips with a local porter. My girl had handmade pasta with butter and parmesan. Then she helped me wash the car. Perfect father’s day.

1 Like