Happy dog day

Mine, the origin is unknown. But very weird that he was living on the street but has zero hunting skills and didn’t know how the jump between 2 surfaces, he climbed everywhere the first year with us. He only learned to jump when saw other cats doing that. I think he came from a home, maybe thrown out by someone, he was 6 - 8 months old when he first came to seduce us, rolling on his back! 8 years old now!

1 Like

:cry:

In the beginning, he peed outside the box several times, I guess it was why he was being thrown out.

1 Like

Good for you keeping with him.

He didn’t do it anymore indoor, except nervous when he sees other cats in his territory outdoor.

Question. The vet always wanted to clean my cat’s teeth to the tune of 200-300 bucks and knocking them out. Did you ever do this?

We all have to put up with problems. Understood and accepted. Would we throw out people who got excited when they were nervous?

NO

2 Likes

I asked my vet once when the cat was 7 years old, she examined the teeth and said not yet. I read in some books saying that if they eat meat and not sugar (cat biscuits with flour are not very good for their teeth), they shouldn’t have problem except very old. Knocking them out is always risky. $300 is a lot!

The year before last, the vet started to suggest that my cat reached the status of old age at 8, and I should consider to have blood test for him every year. I changed the vet, and the new vet examined my cat, asked a lot of questions on his eating habits and if he had symptoms and concluded that he was in good health, no tests. :laughing:

Not hot about someone saying my cat is old when he is not even 12!

2 Likes

Saw that on sale a while ago, to make dry food for cats.

My vet told me I could clean my cat’s teeth by rubbing a gauze pad along the cat’s gum line. If you have a less bite-y cat than mine, you might give it a try. I have chosen puncture-free skin over clean cat teeth, at least for the foreseeable future.

4 Likes

I bought a tooth brush and paste for the cat, he thinks it’s a biting toy, never succeed.

1 Like

Happy!

Wow, I didn’t expect a pic of dog cookies to turn into a cat discussion. Guess that shows the bias on HO😂

2 Likes

I have. I’ve had to do it once so far for the two kitties here, but my first cat had bad teeth (genetics, I’m afraid) and would have bad gingivitis. You can see it because his gum line was all red. And his breath stunk… :unamused:

He would need regular teeth cleanings every 2-3 years, and yes it costs that much. But the good news is that it prevented him from having to have teeth pulled. That’s the alternative. I know some older cats who’ve lost teeth and they can be fine, but I didn’t want that to happen to my kitties. He enjoyed his food too much, and I didn’t like the idea of his mouth being sore too.

2 Likes

:rofl: It was me changing the subject, the guilty!