Hapa Food Truck (SW CT) Delivers a Great Burger

Almost a year ago I visited Hapa Food truck and ordered three tacos. Shame on me for waiting a year to return and order the burger.

The HAPA burger consists of grass-fed beef topped with pork belly, Vermont cheddar, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, house aioli, encased in HAPA’s signature ube bun.

Let’s start with the bun. Ube is a purple yam. The HAPA bun was a sweet potato bun (made with pureed ube) which gave it the distinctive purple-blue hue and a high level of sweetness, a brioche on steroids. The meat was delicious, with a loose, medium grind and slightly seared. A delightful and creamy slice of Cheddar cheese was melted on the patty, and then there was a slice of pork belly atop the burger that contributed a wonderful layer of smokiness and juiciness. Now the HAPA burger offered another level of flavor…the caramelized onions, plus the the aioli that intensified an already bold combination.

The fries were equally creative and delicious. Topped with a cheese sauce and sweet and spicy seasonings, they were the perfect accompaniment to the burger. There was tremendous flavor in both.

Let’s not forget the Brussels sprouts. They were equally outstanding. Deep fried and then finished with pico de gallo, papaya seed dressing they are some of the best sprouts I have eaten.

Overall the HAPA burger can challenge any from restaurants in the area and is a contender for best burger in Fairfield County…it is that good.

See the full review at

1 Like

Yum. Now to get here:

WEDNESDAYS
12:00 Noon to 2:00 PM
88 Hamilton Avenue
Stamford, CT 06902

THURSDAYS
11:30 AM to 2:00 PM
Indeed Building
177 Broad Street
Stamford, CT 06901

FRIDAYS
11:30 AM to 2:00 PM
Priceline.com Office Complex
800 Connecticut Avenue
Norwalk, CT 06854

After Memorial Day:

WEDNESDAYS TO SATURDAYS
5:30 PM to 9:30PM
The Beer Garden at Shippan Landing
290 Harbor Drive
Stamford, CT 06902

That was making me salivate. Still, I am at the cabin in BC and just caught two Kokanee and a nice cutthroat. Have wild rice cooking. I’ll manage.

That bun looks really good, really different!