Hanging out in Sacramento!

Well, I guess Bawk is going on the list.

1 Like

Looks tasty — I was thinking of this place this other day but may just have to stop. At the time I was “chickened out”… I can’t believe how many places offer chicken fried in its various forms.

Have you been to Urban Roots, their other restaurant/brewery? I recall some tasty items there as well.

1 Like

I have not! I looked it up, but didn’t think I could walk there. I am enjoying this walking thing!

Breakfast croissant, iced coffee at the N Street Cafe. Nice vibe, good sandwich , coffee, and service.

3 Likes

Today was Corti Brothers . No surprises, but a nice respite and a good (spicy molinari) sandwich.

My Airbnb accidentally sent someone to clean, and they had carted off some of my things when I got there.

Cans of ventresca tuna and some Van Leeuwen ice cream ream!

Not to mention some needed documents. :flushed: Can’t imagine what would have been missing if I didn’t send them to retrieve my things in the middle of the purge!

Stopped at Pedrick’s for cherries on the way home.

Waiting in line, lots of goodies!

5 Likes

a good (spicy molinari) sandwich.

Twas wrapped. In paper.

5 Likes

Thai Basil again, for the same Yum Nuah

I also got Curry Beef Noodle Salad

3 Likes

Please tell me you went to Babes for dessert afterwards.

How can you go wrong with ice cream and donuts?

I am tsking you for thinking desert after lunch on a Tuesday, but I did go to Ginger Elizabeth and the place next door, hunting for kouign amann.

ETA Babes is the place I went to after Ginger Elizabeth!

I have dessert after breakfast.

I would have dessert after dessert, if only I could get up early enough.

1 Like

I think Faria still makes kouign amann, and they are open during the week (unlike Moonbelly).

Thank you!
Thursday is my last day!

1 Like

Their pizzas are great.

Available friday nights

Back to Bawk for not salad. I got more fried chicken, on this, my second to last day.

This time I got a whole fried chicken, with a “medium sweet” heat. Mild to me, but aside from that, quite good, at least while still hot , and in case you haven’t noticed, I eat a relative lot of fried chicken.

I also got some “whole” chicken wings, as opposed to smaller “party” wings. Blue cheese “dip”. Haven’t tried them yet. I will be interested to see how they fare at room temp.

4 Likes

Last day of the regular visits? Hopefully all went well.

Perhaps it was the power of suggestion on the prior posts, but I tried Y.A.F.C.S.P (yet another fried chicken sandwich place). Wasn’t bad, but the $12.35 price for full sando + fries + drink somehow seemed like a bargain in this day and age.

1 Like

Yes; last day of six weeks of daily (except weekends) visits!
:face_exhaling:
And of my place in Sacto.
And yes, it went unexpectedly well.

4 Likes

Last meal of this trip, back at Juno’s

The was the special grilled tuna sandwich. It was delicious!

I also got what I call chicken and bacon, my favorite!

And a cookie

Thank you all for hanging out with me!

BTW, from an earlier post

Why did I see no misery and pestilence?

Found it :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

4 Likes

The only good kouign amann I am aware of in Sacramento is at Faria. It delicious but in my opinion that whole store is $$$.

1 Like

My friend’s partner is one of the owners of Southside super. We go there on Saturday mornings as a family and order one of everything as their menu is small and always rotating. Everything is made fresh to order and just delicious. Plus, I have really taken a liking to eating Asian food for breakfast on weekends.

Moonbelly is in my opinion the best French bakery in Sacramento. Others are ok but distant runners up.

When I went there I think they called this a financier?

1 Like