Haldi Chowk, ShopRite Plaza, Middletown

Nice! I think I will try it. I just want to get the t shirt lol. I’m sure it will be a brutal challenge

Yeah, I don’t know the two guys in the photo but its the only photo I saw listed under the challenge.

About time you stepped up!!

Justin surprised me with Indian food at Sandy Hook on Monday after work from Haldi Chowk (Neelam is closed on Mondays). He ordered us chicken tikka masala and asked for as spicy as possible. While it was delicious, it really wasn’t too spicy. I had a slight runny nose but nothing lethal. However, the flavor of the sauce and the quality of the samosas will cause me to give them another look for dinner one night. It was excellent.

haldi

5 Likes

Good stuff Greg. I really like their food. They will make it spicy! Trust me. If you say “give me a 9 out of 10 on the Indian scale, not white guy scale,” they will totally tune it up for you. Word it just like that…seriously lol. I’m talking about nose running, face red, sweating, etc

The Tikka masala is very tasty there so I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Try the pepper chicken masala. That is some hot stuff with quite a few whole chilis in it (at least the heat level I order it at comes with those.)

2 Likes

Whats the filling on the samosa? Looks great.

It was a veggie samosa, so mashed potato, peas, and spices.

2 Likes

What I do when I want bring the heat at Indian restaurants is to ask for some chilis. They’ll bring you those little thai chili things, they are spicy as all heck! Burns so good…

1 Like