Gyro World in Pleasantville NY

I really haven’t been eating out as much lately, just so busy with summer things. We made a quick stop here last night and sat outside. They have large potted plants blocking the view of the parking lot so it’s not a terrible place to sit outside on the sidewalk.

We’ve been here a few times and I stress that it is not a destination but it’s decent food at reasonable prices. Super casual, family owned place.

I like their Greek salad. The veggies in it are always super fresh and I like their aggressively seasoned Greek dressing. Their spinach pie is also good but they microwave it and the temperature is uneven and tepid. Their tzatziki is made with really thick creamy yogurt and I can’t get enough of it. My husband got something that was sort of like moussaka-- ground beef in an eggplant half with a bechamel on top. The ground beef was seasoned well and rivaled something similar I make at home that is fairly labor-intensive. The pacing was off but for a casual cheap place like this I can’t fault them for that.

They had a situation with a very difficult customer when we arrived and I was impressed with how they dealt with him.

Again, no destination but I know some of you live in the area so it’s worth a visit for those of you nearby.

JL liked it too … I remembered he reviewed it, it’s nice to see they are still open, still doing well and that onions recognize a chow worthy place when they come across one

1 Like

He’s right, the location is weird. But the outdoor patio last night was packed and the inside appeared to be at least half full. This was probably our third or fourth time and the family who owns it is really nice and all the servers are too.