Group Dinner for 8 in Center City

Hi,

I am coming to Philly for a wedding at the end of October and we are trying to setup a group dinner for 8 people. I use to live near Rittenhouse, but that was about 10 years ago and since I am coming back to town, I keep getting asked where I want to go.

Here are some of the parameters:
-I would like to find a BYOB, but it does not have to be.
-I am coming from LA, so I would like to avoid Mexican since I have it all of the time out here.
-The one woman suggested The Love as an option because she likes more americanized food, but her only requirement is not Mediterranean, so no Zahav which I have been dying to try.
-My sister has a gluten allergy and she is pretty much a vegetarian. She never wants the restaurant to be picked because of her, but I would like to find one that can accommodate.
-Price is not really an issue, but I don’t think anyone wants to pay for the Bibou tasting menu or Vetri, even though I would love to try them!
-Everyone is staying around The Bellevue or Rittenhouse, so I would like to keep this in the center city vicinity, so no Northern Liberties, but I think everyone would be game for the East Passyunk area.

Sorry, I know this is long, but any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adam

Thanks, but I have a reservation at Le Virtu and Serpico. I think Le Virtu is going to win out since they have gluten free pasta and Serpico’s menu might be too ambitious for this crowd.

Follow us on Facebook, Twitter!

Press Room
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold