This is the suggested way to grocery shop. Wow - what is everyone doing?
I think the article misses some important elements.
- Don’t buy what you don’t usually eat.
- Don’t buy what will go bad before you eat.
- Call the store and find out what the truck schedule is.
- Shop an hour or two after the truck (unload and stock time).
- Try to shop first thing in the morning when crowds are smallest.
I have a picture in my head of people surrounded by rotting produce because they panicked and bought too much.
Think about the implications of power loss. Canned goods may make more sense than frozen food.
Store and meal plan based on spoilage. Avocados before bibb lettuce before romaine before cabbage. Roots (onions, garlic, carrots, potatoes, turnip) last a long time.
And now this …