Grocery Outlet 2019 [Bay Area]

Those McClures pickles are cheap…

From a couple of days ago in PA:

Mission G.O.
The coffee has a best by date of November 2019 and no roast date so likely not a good purchase for coffee snobs, but I mostly drink iced coffee that I make in a Chemex pour over so is fine for me to try at $10 for 2 lbs.

2 Likes

This week in PA:

1 Like

Bayshore Blvd. SF.
Q tonic water was $2.30 a 4-pack. That restaurant size container of Haagen Dazs (there was just one) did not have a price on it. Luckily there was no clerk nearby to ask how much it cost or I would have had to sacrifice my dignity and clog up my freezer with it.
I picked up a few more containers of the spicy McClure pickles since they are starting to run out and I really dig them.

2 Likes

Last night at S. Van Ness:

High Road Cherry Almond Chip ice cream, $2. Tried this and it’s quite good, although the consistency suggests a higher air content.
North Coast spring seasonal Tart Cherry berliner weisse, $8 for 4 12oz bottles. I’ve tried the summer/fall seasonal variants and liked them (especially the summer one, passionfruit-peach) but I keep missing this one in spring, so picked it up

1 Like

This thread is so much fun to read.

There should be another 20% off Wine Sale very soon but I don’t have the exact dates yet. Will check again next week.

1 Like

The info I have is that the Spring 20% off Grocery Outlet Wine sale starts at all stores on

Wednesday, April 3 and runs through Tuesday, April 9, 2019.

I don’t know what time it starts.

1 Like

South San Francisco G.O.
Spicy sweet McClures were new - $1.50.
For some reason they rarely have spicy BBQ sauce so I was glad to find the Stubb’s, made with sugar not hugh fructose corn syrup.
McAvoy Olive Oil - to keep on my counter so guests think I’m a high roller.
I have no idead what honey sweetened ketchup will taste, but for 50 cents I’m willing to roll the dice, being the risk taker type and all.
Don’t judge my Peets canned coffee purchase, they keep me from having to stop at Starbucks on the 5:00 a.m. Tahoe runs.
I also picked up case of wines while their 20% wine sale was going on.

2 Likes

at the Richmond Grocery Outlet on San Pablo Ave at Macdonald -

Louis Bernard Côtes du Rhône Villages 2015 - $5.99 before the 20% discount

also
Bernard 2007 Crozes-Hermitage, $4.99 before discount

Quenoc 2016 Victorian Claret, $5.99 before discount

Pythian Rock 2016 California Cabernet Sauvignon, $5.99 before discount

$8 for McEvoy? Wow. Is it old?

Best by November 2019. I’ll be done with it long before then.

2 Likes

I think that I hit the jackpot at the Oakland Grocery Outlet this morning. It was senior discount day with 10% off (every 2nd and 4th Tuesday morning of the month for those 55 years-old and over) as well as the last day of the 20% off wine sale. On the wines they applied 20% off and then the 10% off on the result (so 28% total off on wines?). Haven’t tried the wines yet.

Wines
[
Proximity Twenty Six 2016 Cabernet Sauvignon (Santa Barbara County) $5.99 before discounts

WindstormOld Vine Zinfandel 2016 $5.99 before discounts

Other

McEvoy certified extra virgin olive oil, 500 ml $7.99 before discounts, best by Nov 2019, not listed as organic

Justin’s Maple Almond Butter, 12 oz. $1.99 before discount, made in Canada for Justin’s of Boulder, CO.

1 Like

Damn 28% off their already discounted wines - score!
I’m just finishing up a bottle of Willowbrook estate grown Russian Rive Valley pinot that was really good. The Guenoc petite sirah was also quite good.

1 Like

Before having dinner at Great Mongolia Nomads, I stopped in at the Geary GO.

I noticed a bunch of spirits I had not seen before:
Tenneyson Absinthe Royale, $20
Sirene Absinthe Verte, made in Illinois, $20
Rational Spirits Santeria rum (92 proof, not the original expression which was apparently 115 proof), $20 I think?
Espanita tequilas, blanco and reposado, in the $15-20 range if I recall

I passed on all this for now because I am trying to cut down on the number of bottles I have laying around at home. The rum looked particularly interesting (they have some crazy technology that claims to be able to accelerate the aging process).

Ended up settling for a six-pack of the Owl’s brew That’s My Jam, a beer “radler” made with darjeeling tea, hibiscus and strawberry. $4.

3 Likes

Julie’s Organic icecream in pints $2.99 - various flavors

Colavita 750ml olive oil in fancy ceramic bottle. Unfortunately I forgot about the price but its not expensive if you want to gift the bottle.

Yesterday from the PA store:

2 Likes

did you buy any of the above and what did you like? I’m interested in the Julie’s ice cream and the Dagoba chocolates, did you buy those?

I just tried the Dagoba and Julie’s. Not a big fan of the Dagoba so I think it’s skippable. The Julie’s salted caramel is better than the berry cream. Lots of caramel. Though the icecream is a bit icy. So I think it’s decent. The berry/ cream is ok only.