Great Customer Service at Next Door at the Beach Bistro, Flagler Beach FL

This place has only been open for three or four weeks and it’s doing very well. It is across the street from the ocean and has a gorgeous view. It always feels like vacation.
We have only been there for lunch a couple of times and the food was very good. Last night we went for dinner. The place was packed and the owner was always making the rounds. Our server was very good after a slow start. DH had oysters and carpaccio for a light dinner. His was very fresh and delicious. I tried the duck confit with fries with truffle oil and parmesan. The fries were great but needed ketchup as the parm was a sprinkle over the top. The duck was very dry. When the server cleared our plate she asked how my duck was and I said very dry and she smiled and said thank you. She was not used to getting this response, but once she realized she sprung into action. She apologized and told the owner who immediately came to our table. He apologized and I added that not only was it dry but it needed some kind of sauce either way. He offered a dessert and I accepted. But what really impressed me was that he took the duck off the menu until they make the changes.
I was very impressed by the management and our server so we will go back for dinner and see what happens to the duck!

1 Like