Graze - Little Silver [NJ]

I’m actually interested in this! Are they blue crabs? How many lbs are in a bushel?

WARNING–I was watching and enjoying the history of having one’s Jimmies rustled when one of those bot “warnings” popped up (audio and all) saying I had a virus (um, NO), so maybe you shouldn’t click through…

Sorry, my bad. Just picked the first reference off Google. Here’s another that looks safer:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php%3Fterm%3DRustle%20My%20Jimmies%26amp%3Dtrue?client=ms-android-americamovil-us

Btw, that second def kinda rustles my jimmies.

I have no clue on the weight but there are probably 60 crab in a bushel…maybe more since they are dormant and you can stack them up nicely. If you can hustle you can actually eat quite a few yourself and then trade/sell them to chinese places for a profit or food (not that I’ve ever done that : )

It’s essentially a good few days of gorging on crab lol.

And no I’m not opening any of these jimmy links :confused:

I’m down. How much $ for a bushel? Mmmmmmm

I will know in a day or two. It is market driven. Season opens tomorrow.

Hey let me know on this too
Barbarella

Hey Corvette, I am going to Acme Smokehouse this Friday to pick up some smoked eel for the holiday gatherings. It is a real treat and I hope it is worth the drive to Greenpoint, Brooklyn on a Friday morning .
About those blue claws, I want them for Christmas day so it may be a bit too early to order now. But if you can wait til next mid-week I could go for a half bushel of jimmies.

The fish at Acme is amazing and the drive to Brooklyn is worth it. My favorite item is the pastrami lox. But I also love the baked sable, pickled salmon (in jars), and whitefish. They usually have a good selection of their pre-packaged line and will let you taste the items they sell by the pound. Enjoy!

Sorry…I’ve been out of the country. Did you line anything up?

Eels are easy to catch. I can tell you how to get them and where to go. You just need to buy an eel trap…super easy. You can sell the extras on one set and probably pay for your trap (plus have tons to eat before you sell the extras)

hi cj so this is junior from graze . fresh squid comes out of point pleasant call eric at local 130 if you never had them they are amazing so dont knock it until you try it one of my favorite dish on my menu its not always available because you cant find them all the time.

1 Like

have you ever heard of grow houses ? or hydroponics? so i dont claim to get everything from local farms but most is and its obvious that this time of the year is tough to get some things that why my menu its always changing. i do know Captain squid but i do by mostly from local 130. the ducks come from Jurgielwics Farm -hamburg PA and for the beef most of the time is from allanbrothers out of chicago but when im able i get a quarter cow from local farms. you cant get salmon from nj but i buy tthe organic scottish salmon from lusty lobster. its certified if you would like to see the certific i can post it for you.

you missed a few here
sardines
mussels
red grouper
oysters
whelks
dog fish
weak fish
drum

and my chickens come from green duchess farm pasture raised

Zombieing this old thread. Somehow never noticed the chef from graze came on here. Would love to have more input and thoughts with chefs from local spots or anyone else actively involved in the restaurant community.
Chef junior no sure If you’re checking this anymore but would to hear from you more and def respect what you’re trying to accomplish with your spot. Haven’t made it to your place yet but it’s high on my list to do so. Hope to hear from you on here again.
Ps I thought you were robbed on chopped.

1 Like

@cheflife151 I think your restaurant looks wonderful and I plan to try it soon.

I was just questioning some things. I respect that you get high quality uk salmon but how is it organic? Fish are either wild or farm raised. I suppose if a fish is farm raised on organic food it could be labeled organic…maybe.

And yes those are some other tasty fish but red grouper is never caught here in nj…ever. I love grouper but there aren’t any grouper in NJ :slight_smile:

If anyone has a recipe on how to make a weakfish taste semi decent, I’d like to know lol. They are beautiful fish and fight well, but taste like garbage.

Looks like we need to hop on the Voyager and get us a snowy grouper :smiley:

(I’m sure there are not enough around for a commercial fishery, but snowys are caught out in the tilefish grounds)

I think you’re one of a handful of people that realize snowy grouper are out there lol. I just can’t get into electric reel fishing. The tiles do taste great though.

1 Like

I had tilefish a week or so ago as the fish taco du jour at Barrio Costero in Asbury Park–it was DAMN GOOD EATING! Confirmed a day or so later that it came from Local 130 Seafood here in AP. Now I’ve mentioned TWO places that don’t get any play on here…perhaps I’ll try to remedy that. :blush:

Lol, never caught one, but have dropped and reeled for tiles in around 500 feet of water.

It’s a workout, for sure

Funny this topic has fresh activity as I just drove through the parking lot tonight on my way home from Sea Bright around 7:45. I’ve wanted to check this place out for awhile, the lot was pretty full although I couldn’t tell if it was all for Graze. From what I could see the place looks nice, a cozy atmosphere with booths etc. I’m going to make a point of giving it a try soon.