Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted

New show on Nat Geo. Ramsay seems oddly normal in this one. Saw the first episode tonight via recording Ramsay rides through Peru on a motorcycle and searched out unique local food BUT not modern stuff, at least not in this episode. Worms that live inside a cactus that grows on mountain cliffs; blue potatoes grown at high altitude; mangoes 100 feet up trees. This is a different Ramsay.

Thanks for the summary.

I have got the episode but can’t bring myself to watch it, yet. The thought of having to enduring his voice and face is enough to put me off watching. I put NG channel on in the gym and keep turning away when the teaser plays.

1 Like

I haven’t watched it yet. Some parts of the internet have come to the conclusion that Gordon Ramsay is no Anthony Bourdain.

1 Like

I’ve never liked Ramsay and this show is unlikely to change that opinion. At least he doesn’t yell at people in this show. This show is more like Andrew Zimmerman than Bourdain.

1 Like

I swear it said Zimmern when I typed it!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I was referring less to either chef’s cooking abilities and more to their personalities.

I liked the Morocco episode. We were there some months back and it was interesting to see him visit some places and eat some foods familiar to us because of our trip.