Good Eggs: yea/nay

Their udon isnt salty at all, I wonder why the DV of sodium is 25%.

Unsauced noodles should very little salt. 25% sounds like a figure for sauced noodles.

This is the one I got. No sauce.

My exchange with Matthew Palley, Odang’s boss. I appreciate the responsiveness.

Hi xxxxxx,
Thank you for your interest in Odang Udon. How large of a pot did you cook the noodles in and how long did you cook them? The more the noodles are cooked, the more salt is lost through the boiling process. The 25% number is very conservative, meaning the salt content when eating is actually less (after boiling) than 25%. Sorry you had a bad experience. Let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks.
Matt
Odang Udon

Matt, thanks for getting back quickly. About 5 minutes in a 3 qt pot. The water that I cooked the noodle in became quite salty itself, and the noodle retained most of the salt.

If you have a bigger pot please use that. We use the same recipe for our noodles as we use for our food truck which we use a huge pot for. We realize a lot of people do not have a large pot at home, the noodles are best however when the boiling water to noodle ratio is greatest. We appreciate your feedback and are considering toning it back for home consumption. We also recommend not adding any salt to the broth/ sauce that accompanies our noodles. If you see fit you may post my response on goodeggs board in case others have had this issue. Thanks.
Matt

Masumoto farm peaches are available!

Just bought some spring ladies:
http://www.biritemarket.com/tag/the-perfect-peach/