Good Bye David Bowie, thanks for all your music.

Yes, and yet the talentless bunch that is the Rolling Stones are still boring the world with their geriatric antics. #smh

1 Like

I was sad when I heard the news of his death. Iā€™ve loved his music for more than 40 years.

Of course the Rolling Stones are the Greatest Rock ,n, Roll Band In The World (dripping a little gasoline on an already burning fire)

One of his sexier songsā€¦

Yes, only his family and a few very close friends knew; even friends like Brian Eno said they had no idea he was even sick, as he was energetic and working, and definitely didnā€™t seem like someone who knew they were in the late stages of terminal cancer. But through almost two years of it, he put out a Broadway musical and a deeply adventurous album. Amazing guy.

1 Like

Coming in slightly late here as have been away, but had to say, the Bowie exhibition was the best thing I have ever seen in my 30 odd years of membership of the V&A. Thanks to said membership, I went three times!

1 Like

You just leave the Stones out of this, mmmmkay?

Iā€™d gladly leave them out of everything :sunglasses:

:cat: and the claws come out ā€¦ :wink:

It was borrowed from the frontiersman Jim Bowie from what Iā€™ve always heard. His real last name was Jones, but there was already a David Jones in the music biz.

Now that you mention it, it makes total sense.

Kind of did to me as well thatā€™s why I shared the info. Personally I donā€™t find that (if true) shameful or disgraceful so I didnā€™t feel like I was besmirching his name or memory in any way.

I was interested to know where he was when he passed and if there are assisted suicide laws.

Iā€™m guessing he was in NYC. If so, those laws are definitely in the making but not quite yet. He was always a little ahead of his time though!

But yeah, the few who did know about the cancer have said he seemed fine just a day or two before, and that his death was really sudden. Leave it to him to be ahead of the curve. Hope Iā€™m that brave when my time comes.

Yeah I just googled it he did die in NY, for some reason I thought he was in England.

To each their own, I certainly hope neither you or I are ever faced with such a decision.

I canā€™t believe people are trying to say itā€™s a hoax, as if heā€™s hanging out somewhere with Elvis Presley and laughing it up. I can just see him saying ā€œItā€™s a good day to dieā€ like in Little Big Man. Makes you think, for sure.

I hope that by the time I do, assisted suicide is legal. I see nothing wrong with wanting to end oneā€™s own life with dignity and at a time of oneā€™s own choosing.

2 Likes

From what folks have said, he was working on demos for another album and had started plans for a second Broadway musical only days before his death, so despite the timing, I doubt he chose to end his life. His cancer had progressed to the point that it just went really quickly at the end.

I hope thatā€™s true! Just finished watching The Man Who Fell to Earth, he was really something else :wink: