Global eatery in red bank (old location of sicilia cafe) [NJ]

Robinson Ale House in RB, Rum Runner in SB, and CJ McLoone’s in TF all basically the same in my opinion…a step or two below basic bar food. The Rum Runner is a nice venue with great river views and seating outside is great in nice weather…go for a cocktail before you go elsewhere to eat.

1 Like

CJ McLoone’s in my opinion is the lowest of the low, just my two cents. Rum Runner I have no idea how or why they put so much money into the place and set their expectations so low. The food is “average” at best, regardless of the exceptional environment. Such a shame.

1 Like

Didn’t he get a giant no interest loan from the govt after Sandy hit? I’m pretty sure he did. I still haven’t been there but the building looks great. The old rum runner definitely had some charisma and the food was decent…by far the best of his spots.

There was The Bluffs in Bay Head and Rummer Runners for fine dining at the shore. Those days are long gone now, as for the grant I do believe you are correct.

Did he come from money or make it? I heard back in the day he was a piano player and came up. Regardless, he is doing something right and I respect his business skills. I just wish the food was better.

Came from, he was also a marathoner. Rum Runners use to have pictures of him from the various marathons he ran.

FYI he also has the concession at the OTB in Woodbridge NJ, I’ve wanted to go check it out just for the hell of it. I’ve been to the one in Toms River, it’s a big nothing but I’m curious to see what he is doing at Woodbridge.

Respect his business skills? It’s like Bill Gates - he could have been great or he could have gotten rich. He chose ‘rich’ and people suffer through that mess called “Windows” every day. If you put ‘great’ first then you may get rightfully rich. Putting ‘rich’ first and putting out a poor product makes you a rich failure. Thankfully we have many better food choices - folks taking pride in putting out superior food, making us all happy.

1 Like

Haven’t been to too many of the mccloones spots by I can’t imagine any can be worse than CJ MCCloones it’s literal garbage food. I can’t really remember a worse dining experience I’ve had in over a decade, and that includes Dublin house and several trips to Italian chains at in laws request. At least the prices were high and the service bad…

Which is the spot that has the good Guinness burger? If I’m ever forced to one of his spots would like to know I can go for that at least?