Gift idea for friend opening a new casual Italian restaurant ...

Any thoughts for gift ideas for a (new-ish) friend who just opened a casual restaurant? He’s replete with wine and plants so I’d like to avoid that. It’s really more of a gesture of good luck and friendship. Thank you all very much in advance.

A gift certificate for a massage. A restaurant is stressful and hard on the body.

3 Likes

When I was younger, I often gave a brass spittoon, the last few times, I gave a gargoyle.

1 Like

Could get a nice plaque of Italian majolica for the wall . Or some thing else . I have lot’s of pieces they are beautiful . https://www.biordi.com/

1 Like

Umbrella stand …I can’t help it, I’m practical

1 Like

A Chef jacket is an awesome gift for a new restaurant owner. (monogrammed depending on your budget)

1 Like

Great suggestions all! I think considering the circumstances, practical may be best in this case, so I’m going to look into the availability of some nice commercial umbrella stands. Thank you all again very much.

1 Like

Having been involved in many restaurant openings the best possible gift would be a large, extended line of credit.:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Or buy lots of gift certificates!

1 Like

Give them a home-made gift certificate for free babysitting when they FINALLY can take a night off.

And then honor it!

:wink:

(You’re gonna have a new best friend who owns a restaurant!)

2 Likes

Good ideas for an opening a new cafe

I think that all gifts are about your attention to person, but if the gift is not only beautiful stuff but also is useful than it is more better. If my friend was opening a cafe I would also try to give him something that he would use in his cafe. Recently, for example, I bought some cool super bright camping lanterns for my backyard from amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Vont-Hurricane-Emergency-Collapsible-Batteries/dp/B00NPLSZF8/ They are safe, bright, and convenient and easy to use. They replaced my mantle lanterns and rechargeable 6v lanterns. I think that such lanterns will be a good for a cafe too.

I opened this thread without noticing the date and thought “who opens a restaurant now? I’d get that person a psych evaluation”. Oops. I hope your friend is hanging in there @MaryC

1 Like