Getting into copper

Hi winecountrygirl,

Thanks, & yes, they’re very pretty … right now! :wink: I intentionally took the pictures before using the pans, because I intend to let them age naturally & I know they’ll never look this pretty again!

To add on to what Kaleo has already said, I’m in the “Do Nothing” camp. I actually prefer the “look of use” in items like this. In fact, the last kitchen faucet I bought incorporated a dark brown “Tuscan Bronze” finish that was intended to become uneven as you used it. (It got bright “polished” where you touched it (handles & spout), but stayed dark where you didn’t.)

Also, since I’m just starting to use the pans, I enjoy watching them change colors thru these initial uses! :slight_smile:

Good to know. I have all clad - I hate them, BTW - those handles! But I do not go nuts polishing. I really prefer a more commercial look.

That sounds like my kind of camp!!!

1 Like

This is a general note about testing Baumalu from the discount houses. Should we start a separate thread?
Anyway, I tested all the Baumalu I bought at TM last year: a small frying pan, a saute, a stew pot, a sauce pot and a butter pot. Also tested three lids
I used the 3M swab product.
I tested in the bottom (flat) of each pot and around the rivets
None tested positive for lead.
My old laminate counter top however, stained pink. !