"Get out of the quick checkout line, please! You have more than 10 items."

Hi, Erica:

I couldn’t agree more about TJ’s employees. Every one’s been fabulous with me.

Aloha,
Kaleo

1 Like

I don’t shop on Wednesday mornings - that’s when the retirement homes bus in the resident shopping trips.

now, if you’ve ever hung around a retirement home, a lot of what your hear is a continuous stream of complaining about who did what or said that. they spend all day one-upping each story.

then they go to the supermarket and have a gab fest blocking every aisle. complaining about the same stuff they just finished discussing for the last 96 hours at the retirement home…

1 Like

I actually prefer canned mushrooms on Pizza. The fresh mushrooms just shrivel up and don’t really add anything.

1 Like

That’s exactly why I do sugar, coffee, milk in that order. :slight_smile:

1 Like

When I get fresh mushrooms on a pizza in a pizzeria, they definitely taste different (and better!) than canned mushrooms, but when I try to do it, it never works out.

1 Like

Most pizzerias I know, if they don’t use canned mushrooms, use frozen sliced. That could be the difference, unless you know for sure they are slicing their own.

The key is to slice them very thinly, because they lose a lot of moisture.

That way, you get that great fresh & peppery shroom flavor and a nicer texture than the canned stuff.

2 Likes

I have a BMW.

1 Like

Do you take too many items into the express check out? They say we do…

I never count people, I always eyeball the items before choosing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m so glad I passed on the BMW and got an Infiniti recently!

Everyone drives like entitled asshats where I live, on Long Island, maybe that’s why BMW drivers (except for young men in M series ones) don’t stand out as anything but normal?

I have a BMW and a Mercedes. Does that count as two at the checkout line? Or just one since they’re both cars.

1 Like

In Westchester too!! My BMW SUV got slammed by a guy in a really expensive BMW who decided to run a red light. I was fine but the car … Not so much!

I have a mansion and a yacht.

4 Likes

I avoid self-checkouts entirely, often in favor of longer real-cashier lines, and if a store staff person offers me any encouragement to go to the self checkout, I will share my standard rant (gently) with them. My opinion- automation is costing hard-working people their jobs/ our jobs. If I get a chance to share a ‘hello’ with a real cashier, I will take it.

3 Likes

Is a bag of 10 oranges 10 items or 1 item? What if you pick them yourself? What if you pick them yourself but don’t use a bag?

If the oranges are sold by the unit ($4/lb, or $4/bag), they are 1 item. If the oranges are sold by the piece, they are 10 items. I’ve given this a lot of thought while standing behind you in the express line, staring at your cart full of oranges.

6 Likes

That’s not SOP around here (Boston area). Multiples of the same item are rung as one, e.g.,
10@59cts each = $5.90. It wouldn’t apply if the cash register couldn’t do the math. Some cashiers scan each item separately but in such instances, it’s THEIR ignorance/ineptitude.

Elmer Fudd, what a blast from the past!

1 Like

What about those hard-working people who develop, build, market, and maintain those self-checkout systems? You’re putting them out of work.