Gene's Flatbread Cafe Westford, MA

I had some of the new #10 soup last week as well (extra spicy as always). I was pleased to see there were still as many dumplings. It’s always been 11 to 13 dumplings, and I got 13 in my quart and the new veg was just fine.

I also had some pulled pork I had just cooked and hadn’t gotten around to making a North Carolina vinegar sauce for it yet. So some leftover broth from the #10 soup served just fine in the meantime.

5 Likes

Very sad to report that my local Gene’s in Westford has closed :frowning:

1 Like

BUMMER!!!

2 Likes

Denise - you turned us on to this place when we went back up back up to your area last October. It was the middle of a weekday. We were the only people in there. The owner was so very nice, and we both got a big bowl of hot sour dumpling soup. Lived in Acton/Harvard area from 1979-1999. Now in Eastham on the Cape. No restaurants like that out here. I have to cook myself If we want spicy Asian.

3 Likes

I hope the Woburn location stays afloat!

2 Likes

Is Westford closed, or rennovating?

1 Like

Closed. It’s already something new - a little cafe serving breakfast/lunch food

1 Like

Hi @retrospek! If you happen to be in the area again for some reason, both Sichuan Palace in Chelmsford Center and Tasty Dumplings in Lowell are close to my culinary heart. Of course neither is remotely like Gene’s but they are also go-to spots for us.

2 Likes

I miss that area a lot. We might make a day trip in a few weeks to hit up Bob’s Turkey Farm in Lancaster. We buy 10 dark meat potpies for our freezer for the winter. Might have to travel with our 2 Australian Shepherds if it’s going to be a long day but since it’s cooler weather now, leaving them in the car when we have lunch shouldn’t be a problem. Thanks for the recommendations!!

1 Like

Down the road from Tasty Dumplings (which is excellent!) is the 1981 Ramen Bar. We haven’t been in a bit, but the ramen was pretty good. Not Gene’s Flatbread but still worth a consideration.

2 Likes