Gabriellas (Italian steakhouse) coming to middletown nj

Also, bistecca alla fiorentina is a pretty big deal.

1 Like

Love the birthday sparkler (?)!

1 Like

First, Happy Birthday!

Second, what time did you guys go? I think Thursday is one of their nights where it gets real clubby later in the night.

2 Likes

I called for 6pm reservations but were told 5:45pm. The DJ was setting up as we were finishing up, yes it was getting “clubby” for sure.

2 Likes

Back again last night to celebrate my birthday! (sadly my uncle / Godfather also died yesterday so a bittersweet occasion)

As I believe I’ve stated before Gabriella’s has become one of my favorite restaurants, especially since the closure of my all time favorite local spot, Raven and the Peach. (though I we just did book my daughters bridal shower at the Tea Room)

6pm reservations on a Wednesday night and by 7-7:30 the place was full. They are doing a hell of a business! Our order was:

Apps:
charcuterie board (small)
garlic bread (my personal favorite)
cesare salad (one of my fav’s)

Entree:
Bday Boy prime aged rib eye w/side bernaise
Veal Parm (son felt it was pounded too thin, not enough veal /meat taste, I like it this way)
Rigatoni (not pictured)
Halibut (special - had a bite actually very good not fishy at all)
Mac n cheese (my daughter had some of my steak)

Everything was excellent but I was a little disappointed with my steak. Over charred and under cooked (ordered medium got it rare) and a bit smaller on size. (see the bernaise next to it, that’s a small gravy boat, and yet it’s the size of the meat portion of the steak) I didn’t complain but it was unusual not to be pleased with a steak here.

Great overall night.

13 Likes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
(And sorry for your loss.)

3 Likes

Happy birthday! Hope you have lots of nice memories of your uncle.

When did raven close? I assumed they did since it’s looked zero open for years but can’t recall actually hearing it.

1 Like

They haven’t “officially closed”, however they never re-opened after the pandemic claiming lack of staff as the reason. They are only doing banquets for now. When we visited to discuss the bridal shower they were updating the dining room in anticipation of re-opening, but knowing Richard (not personally) there is NO set time table. He moves at his own pace. (oh and thank you)

2 Likes

Happy Birthday! Really need to get to Gabriella’s one of these days. I just have an issue with the whole restaurant/club vibe that some of these places are promoting these days. Am I really limited these days to eating at 5pm later in the week? Guess I’m getting too old (this from someone whose regular Thursday evening was drinks and food at STK in midtown, one of the originals of this type)

Also re the Raven. Great choice on the tea room love it there. I asked the same question regarding the restaurant a couple weeks ago when we were there and the staffing issue is very real. The waitress asked my wife if she was interested in doing some shifts at the tea room since there were several days that they were close to not being able to open due to lack of staff. There has only been one waitress working that whole room last couple times I have been there (I know it’s not big but they were doing everything). Agree with you on Richard’s timeline haha!

4 Likes

Tried to make a reservation here a full week in advance for this upcoming sat and they are completely booked!

Yup, Saturday is 3 weeks out for a reservation. That’s exactly what I mean, even during the week they are filling the house, so it’s legit. While I do like it, it’s really geared more towards my daughter’s generation than mine, so most of my visits (outside the last two which were for special occasions) is usually me stepping in for my daughter. She just books reservations weeks in advance, whatever they have, to get her name in, then if she can’t go I step up to keep the reservation. lol

Never thought I would be playing second fiddle to my daughter!!!

5 Likes

The woman on the phone sounded offended when I asked for this weekend. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes