Gabriellas (Italian steakhouse) coming to middletown nj

Hate to say it but; I told you so!!! Lol glad you enjoyed I’m due for a trip soon!

2 Likes

Like wow! Mind blown :pray:t2:

1 Like

I “inherited” some last minute reservations from my daughter who couldn’t use the ones she made. I gladly stepped up to the plate! I admit I intentionally forgot to advise Gabriella’s the reservation were now for 2 vs 4 so off to a nice, comfortable 4 top table we went. :smiling_imp:

Apps: garlic bread Cesar salad, both very good. (their garlic bread made me really pick up my garlic bread game at home)

Enteree’: Veal chop parm (pounded thin served on cutting board) & Lobster burrata spaghetti, both meals were delicious!! Bonus points for their excellent home made pastas!!

Dessert: Zeppelins - like an Italian churro with a scoop of gelato over a Nutella sauce. (not pictured)

Beverages: Bottle of Jordan and 1 martini both much enjoyed

All in all a very enjoyable night. The service by both the servers and management on the floor was excellent as well. Very attentive without being intrusive while checking in on each step of the meal.

While at the time of our reservation 7:30, the restaurant was only about 70% full however by the time we were leaving it was full and the “over-capacity” crowd was mulling in. The “bouncer” with the black security shirt walking around should have been the tip off that the throngs of “Jersey Shore” wannabes pouring in wasn’t really my speed. I’m assuming they turn into a club on weekend nights. It didn’t affect our meals but I was getting out of dodge at the right time.

On the way out as my wife was exiting thru the revolving door I pointed at her (5ft tall) and looked at the bouncer and said: “she has a salt shaker in her purse” and without hesitation he starts “lunge into action” as I quickly grabbed his arm and stopped him saying; “I’m only kidding!!!” he stopped in his tracks, actually looked at her, me and laughed.

I’ll be back but I think I’m more a 6:30pm vs 7:30pm when coming on the weekends.

13 Likes

Wow. Exemplary …

Have a lovely weekend.

1 Like

And Thursday night(s) they have a dj as well. And Sunday brunch (day club, bottle service, etc) started last week, don’t know if that is every Sunday but just a heads up.

Early is best for us :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Went back last night for another excellent meal. Mostly because I went into NYC @Empire Steakhouse with my son on Friday night, I wasn’t in the mood for steak. That combined with the fact I had 2 McDonald’s breakfast sandwiches for breakfast to help soak up the alcohol from the previous night, I ordered the scallops!!!

They were blackened over some corn salsa (hot) thing that was delicious. I was very happily surprised with it. Wife had the lobster burrata over their homemade pasta, delicious as well.

Our guests enjoyed the Kansas City bone in strip and the infamous veal parmigiana!! ( second only to Christine’s in Atlantic Highlands.

A nice mid-low range Chianti that we enjoyed!

Garlic bread and Cesar salad to start both were excellent.

Mine-I would get again in a heartbeat

Wife’s

Oops!!!

Bottle 1 of 2

10 Likes

How many bottles? Your picture taking deteriorated quickly :smiley:

5 Likes

Anyone know if they take reservations for outdoors and if so do they have heaters? Trying to save myself a call if possible

Make the call. I was there 2 Saturdays ago, reservations (on weekends) are about a month out at this point. You can request outdoor when making them, they didn’t have the heaters out on my last trip.

1 Like

Ty sir! Much appreciated

Maybe I can summon my old friend @corvette_johnny by bringing up an old thread of his. Here ya’ go Johnny got the veal parmigiana chop tonight. This is my second favorite veal chop parmigiana outside Christine’s in AH.
(FYI Parental Warning!!!)

This is the kind of meal that as we got home my wife went immediately upstairs to change and get comfortable. I told her I would follow shortly and decided to remove my trousers in the laundry room off of our kitchen. As I brought my left overs into the kitchen with me I removed my sports coat etc. I decided I wanted one more bite of my veal before I put it away.

Down comes my wife as I stand pantless eating a veal parm and she says: “ when’s the last time you looked at me like that veal parmigiana??”

She has a valid point.

(Photo of me pantsless with my mistress)

11 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rereading this, with current spelling looks like an interesting way you chose to eat that veal.

1 Like

Put down the veal and go hug your wife. Trust me on this.

7 Likes

Lol thank you @seal for the “edit” hahahaha I guess I need to start making sure I’m wearing my glasses when posting on my phone.

1 Like

Jr, if you have had the bone in chicken parm at Chef Volas in Ac, how would you compare the two.

1 Like

I’ve got to be honest it’s been 15± years since at Chef Viola’s I don’t recall what I had at the time. It’s a pretty darn good veal chop!!

1 Like

Wait, Vola has a bone in chicken parm or is that a typo?

I’ve had the veal parm at both places and Gabriellas may be a little “nicer” but they are both very good.
Looking at my pic from up thread, I don’t think Vola’s puts arugula on theirs.

3 Likes

Sorry tomt, ment veal parm.

2 Likes

As most of you have read it was someone special’s 60th birthday!!! Congratulations @seal !!! I decided to take him for a good steak while he still has his own choppers.

All joking aside Gabriella’s is one of my favorite local spots something @seal and I agree on. To start we had the delicious garlic bread with a wedge salad for him and a Ceasare for me. We both enjoyed the bread and our salads, seal taking half of his home.

Entrees: bone in rib eye (medium rare for seal) lamb chops same temperature for me. We were looking forward to our meals and completely devoured them once we were served. As a result all you get are “after pics” of two excellent meals.

Side note: my lamb was over pesto, I didn’t care for the combination, felt like the pesto overpowered the lamby flavor I love. So the second chop I ate plain and enjoyed more than the first. Not knocking the dish it could just be me.

Pet peeve; when they served seal his steak they served it bone facing him. Never server bone towards customer!!! I expect better at this level, let’s face it kids this ain’t Outback!

Desert was less than spectacular flourless chocolate cake and key lime pie. Both were meh at best and in my opinion below the quality of their food.

Service spot on. Still on of my fav’s, I’m critical because I care!

My lamb 2 true double cut chops

That is picture perfect medium rare

16 Likes