Gabriellas (Italian steakhouse) coming to middletown nj

:clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

What is 2 dollars? I missed it.

Also, is that guy at the table playing a saxophone?

I can confirm that is someone playing the saxophone!

1 Like

Do you give lottery numbers too?

I enjoyed my meal there immensely – hopefully, the non-brunch hours will stay at the same quality level (patrons included)

It was me, my son and nephew last night for dinner. Given our current circumstances there is no way in hell I"m going to NYC for a boys night out, so off to a local alternative Gabriella’s. They build a very nice out door patio and bar, with 1 massive umbrella which covers about 4/5 tables and smaller umbrella’s along the parameter of the patio. Tables are well spaced and they had several electric and gas fueled heaters out there which made the mid 50’s temp bearable for the night. All employees that I could see wore masks appropriately and didn’t remove them that I could see. The menu is about the same but they had more specials than I remember, they had about 5 /6 tables inside and the about 7/8 outside on a Monday night.

We started with the charcuturie platter (small) @ $22. it was a nice platter. Much nicer and more selections than many others. My only complaint is they served it with two pieces of garlic toast, they are now charging for bread on the menu, so I find that a bit annoying. Also the bacon was delicious!!

For entree’s I had the chicken parm and the boys each had the skirt steak.(no side pasta) They loved the skirt steak and I was happy with my chicken parm. (sorry forgot pics of the entree’s)

All in all a very solid meal in a very comfortable environment with a staff that seems to be doing the right thing. I will throw them a shout out in that thread as well. I was shocked when I realized hey have only been open just over a year. Holy crap what a year this has been, I sincerely thought it was 2 years ago they opened but it seems July of 2019, wow, seems so long ago.

11 Likes

really nice. We did a family meal to go when Covid first really hit and the food was great. It was an outrageous amount of food and was fantastic quality - just usual Italian stuff, penne vodka, chicken parm, salad and bread. I was surprised at how good the food was considering they are a steakhouse featuring Italian American fare may be out of their comfort zone, but given they also own Patricias up the road it’s not surprising. Pickup was very easy and they put giant amount of food in my trunk, in and out in like 4 min. I wish they were still doing the meal, but looks like they stopped at some point. Glad you guys had a nice time and happy to hear they have a nice setup.
Was veal chop milanese on menu when you went- just checked out the latest menu online and see they have that…

2 Likes

Looks great! Makes me want to go out for Italian food tonight!

1 Like

Well, we finally walked over. Overall, well above average. Fritto misto app was very good with calamari and bay scallops…probably could use a little more misto. Cacio e pepe was good to very good (not classic with a butter addition, possibly cream as well. While I’m not a snob for many things cacio e pepe and carbonara are two recipes you don’t mess with) Veal chop parm was ridiculously good. Reminded me of Chef Vola back in the day. Wife had the filet which was tasty and an avocado salad that while excellent, was just too much. It would be an excellent dip or garnish if you get where I’m coming from. Will definitely return.

8 Likes

I’m assuming the pasta pic is the after of the before/after dynamic.

1 Like

We went for a nice outdoor dinner Sunday night. Place was doing good business and we watched a few people eating inside too.

Improbable hit of the night was the garlic bread. It seems they make a garlic, butter, and herb spread and slather it all over some freshly baked bread. I could have eaten a whole bowl.

We didn’t have steak so I can’t speak to that although the ones that passed by smelled great. The Italian food was better than average - the veal parm more so and the cacio i pepe less so. A watermelon salad hit all the right notes and I really enjoyed their take on the ubiquitous brussels sprouts.

All in all a nice dinner and right next to Whole Foods to pick up some giant blueberries for dessert.

4 Likes

They have certainly seemed to hit their stride with the food. My last few times there things have been very, very good. I have also shied away from the steaks, just trying different things and haven’t been disappointed with anything yet.

3 Likes

Fyi everybody!

1 Like

Interesting. My daughter was just telling me last night she couldn’t get reservations for this weekend or next!! They are doing a good job, good for them!

2 Likes

Hi all! Finally decide to head inland for an early
Saturday dinner, and BOY I’m glad we did! WOW! You wanna hate this place but you simply cannot . The food was extraordinary! We started with the “small” charcuterie platter, not only was it packed with delicious cheeses and meats but we have enough for lunch today ! We then split the “millionaire “ wedge salad. We had it chopped so technically it wasn’t a wedge, but it was the BEST salad I have ever had , the charred thick chunks of bacon were perfection!! Then came the star of the meal , a juicy blackened cowboy ribeye steak . 16 ounces of carnivorous bliss!! We are already planning our next trip! Absolutely amazing :fire:

10 Likes

Hate to say it but; I told you so!!! Lol glad you enjoyed I’m due for a trip soon!

2 Likes

Like wow! Mind blown :pray:t2:

1 Like

I “inherited” some last minute reservations from my daughter who couldn’t use the ones she made. I gladly stepped up to the plate! I admit I intentionally forgot to advise Gabriella’s the reservation were now for 2 vs 4 so off to a nice, comfortable 4 top table we went. :smiling_imp:

Apps: garlic bread Cesar salad, both very good. (their garlic bread made me really pick up my garlic bread game at home)

Enteree’: Veal chop parm (pounded thin served on cutting board) & Lobster burrata spaghetti, both meals were delicious!! Bonus points for their excellent home made pastas!!

Dessert: Zeppelins - like an Italian churro with a scoop of gelato over a Nutella sauce. (not pictured)

Beverages: Bottle of Jordan and 1 martini both much enjoyed

All in all a very enjoyable night. The service by both the servers and management on the floor was excellent as well. Very attentive without being intrusive while checking in on each step of the meal.

While at the time of our reservation 7:30, the restaurant was only about 70% full however by the time we were leaving it was full and the “over-capacity” crowd was mulling in. The “bouncer” with the black security shirt walking around should have been the tip off that the throngs of “Jersey Shore” wannabes pouring in wasn’t really my speed. I’m assuming they turn into a club on weekend nights. It didn’t affect our meals but I was getting out of dodge at the right time.

On the way out as my wife was exiting thru the revolving door I pointed at her (5ft tall) and looked at the bouncer and said: “she has a salt shaker in her purse” and without hesitation he starts “lunge into action” as I quickly grabbed his arm and stopped him saying; “I’m only kidding!!!” he stopped in his tracks, actually looked at her, me and laughed.

I’ll be back but I think I’m more a 6:30pm vs 7:30pm when coming on the weekends.

13 Likes

Wow. Exemplary …

Have a lovely weekend.

1 Like

And Thursday night(s) they have a dj as well. And Sunday brunch (day club, bottle service, etc) started last week, don’t know if that is every Sunday but just a heads up.

Early is best for us :slight_smile:

2 Likes