Fung Bros Why Chinese Restaurants Are Closing! (Good or Bad?)

Actually - he does both. He lines the pan with foil (otherwise clean up is a BEAR, my dad could tell you that) and then more foil on top, to prevent moisture loss. Don’t seal the foil, or you’ll be steaming them.

Did not see the shrimp toast recipe, will look for it!

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking!

1 Like

Most of their children don’t want to continue run their chinese restaurant food business thats the bad side and the good side about chineses restaurant they bring it around the globe.

@Happybaker; Single serving size! It’s so on.

1 Like

@shrinkrap -

Woo hoo! Happy cooking to you! May the pork be with you : )

1 Like

One of my friends is an older, born and raised in Hong Kong gal. Now lives in LA. In addition to being smart and heaps of fun, she is an amazing food resource. She invited me to try out a new chinese restaurant in our area that offered dim sum. (For real dim sum we have to drive at least 20 minutes, this place was five minutes. Yes, I know, it’s not a hardship to drive for less than an hour for good food but she still wanted to check it out.)

She looked at the menu and was so sad. “This is American Chinese. Not Chinese.”

And unfortunately, their dim sum was not very good. But? Her response to the black bean chicken that I ordered? “This good! This is actually good!”

So yes to what the Fung Bros discovered - that folks can make “American Chinese food” that still calls back to it’s origins - and is pretty darn good.

So maybe I can get two servings out of this. Here is the first.

5 Likes

Wow! Those look awesome! (I hope they tasted as good as they look.)

And I’ll bet you were extra happy about the foil lined pan : )

1 Like

SOOO happy! Making another "serving " tonight,

Okay so, the taste matched your memories? Seems like you liked it! : ) :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Yes, and I liked it a lot.
My memory was of never having enough. I think I may have had enough.

1 Like

:grin:

The first video in a new Fung Bros series on what Cantonese restaurants need to do to survive:

1 Like
1 Like

Why do you prefer to cut and cook them individually vs as a slab or half slab? I often cook for one so buy a package of 2-3 already cut ribs, but when cooking for more I cook the slab.

I can’t find it right now, but that question was asked, and the answer was something like “more crispy, carmelized edges”.

1 Like

I think I’m doing these ribs again. Not sure how to tag this recipe so I can find it later. Maybe the paparika app.

2 Likes

2 Likes