Fuku Hazlet- Sushi: a cut above

So here is my new maxim for places like this:

Random Asian Dude In Paper Hat + Trainwreck Rolls made with White Tuna = Successful Jersey Sushi Joint

And the corollary:

(Mexican + Sushi) on menu = 1 hour in gut + 20 minutes on crapper + 10 minutes to clean under the rim.

1 Like

Uh, no.

2 Likes

Are you all serious? Just donā€™t eat here if this looks so bad to you. The level of insults here is childish and uncalled for.

2 Likes

Sockster, I totally agree. (And it must be nice to be able to order a plate without having any idea what it will cost.)

1 Like

To be honest, I was doing omakase- in my two previous visits, nothing was over $14. Like I said in my comments, I think he got a little (maybe a lot) greedy.

1 Like

God I suck. 78k this weekend. AhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhĆ·

You canā€™t catch fish on your couch.

1 Like

Honestly, Iā€™d be really upset if that happened to me. I mean thatā€™s like multiple Michelin star pricing.

Hey @corvette_johnny is that a white ā€œtunaā€ in the photo?

Yumi can charge $65 for a plate like that and itā€™s amazing and totally worth it- this one, not so much

1 Like

So I have received some private emails regarding this thread and as a result, after a little soul searching, I consulted the clergy:

1 Like

So @NotJrvedivici here is one just for you:

And again, Mr Maguro

1 Like

You know I just went back and reviewed this thread.

I still pretty much feel exactly the same way about the random Fujianese Asian fusion places like Fuku and Yumi in NJ that are serving all kinds of crazy rolls, and any place that has white tuna on the menu.

They may call it sushi, but to me it isnā€™t. Sorry but I prefer real deal Japanese prepared by a properly trained sushi chef.

But if itā€™s your thing, by all means enjoy.

We went here the other night because we have been on a quest to find and eat at all the restaurants in Monmouth County that serve omakase. This is what we got at Fuku for $80.00. Nothing has been eaten off of this plate. One dish in total. What a rip off.

2 Likes