Frozen wine in Monmouth/Ocean

I can’t believe I’m posting this, but I am. I have a friend who asked me to find out where to get frose and/or other frozen wines this summer… no clue. Any recs greatly appreciated, and don’t tell me to get a blender, as it’s not MY thing. Thx!

Fox Hollow Winery in Holmdel keeps frozen wine on tap by the glass. Red, white and rose if memory serves.

I recommend Osteria in Marlboro rt 79, and had the Fox Hollow stuff last night, the pink it was ok but the winery’s setting is beautiful.
They close promptly at 6:30

Friday night live music keeps Fox Hollow open later. Music runs 6-10p every Fri. The frosty red is fruity if you enjoy berry forward reds.

Coujd someone help me out with an explanation as to what is “froze” or “frozen” wine. I know you can freeze wine to store it (most enophiles will tell you that’s nuts) but I’ve never heard of frozen wine being sold anywhere.

Perhaps the OP is asking about Ice Wine?

The grapes are allowed to ripen and linger on the vine into the first frost. The resulting wine is very sweet and mainly a dessert beverage.

Last thing on the page:

https://www.4jgswinery.com/our-wines

At the store there they have already an prepared mixture for sale too.

It’s a slurpee, with wine.

Not that theres anything wrong with that

2 Likes

Uh oh! I’m begging off this discussion before I say something I’ll regret.

Froze is frozen Rose everything else is frozen wine. Big difference IMHO

1 Like

Yes, I’m talking about the frozen slushie-style wine. We were at Eataly and they had Pinot Frigio…

It’s been a while since I’ve been but I remember a frozen rose at birravino in red bank. They gave us a sample and it was delicious.

1 Like