Frozen or refrigerated lasagna, eggplant parm, manicotti, cannelloni in Toronto

Has anyone tried the lasagna at Famiglia Baldassare?

I haven’t friend Bologna Pastificio’s lasagna, either.

Amico Bakery looks promising.
Lasagna is on the catering menu, 2 sizes.

I’ve read some online articles on lasagna in Toronto but they’re a little outdated.

I want to buy some friends several prepared Italian mains for Xmas, that can be kept in a freezer.

I would prefer that the lasagnas or other mains be portions for 2 people or 4 people, rather than a lasagna for 8 or 12.
Pleas

(post deleted by author)

We haven’t tried the lasagna at Famiglia Baldassare, but if the other pastas we tried are any indication, it’s probably darn good.

I don’t know if La Palma is doing takeout anymore, but we liked their 100-layer lasagna.

2 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

For a simple meat version, we found our favourite. Trinacria Italian Bakery lasagne blows the doors off all other Italian bakeries and restaurants in Scarborough. Just perfectly balanced. The menu says the $50 size makes 6 portions. It can easily go 8.

They stink at self-promotion, so don’t expect a lot of talk out there. Here’s a video about their arancini that shows the level of care

2 Likes

Looks fantastic.

Tre Mari on the Corso Italia also has frozen stuff that looks good. I’ve had a few things from their hot table which were pretty good.

1 Like