From The Onion-"Gavin Newsom Slammed For Eating At The French Laundry When Atelier Crenn..."

Be aware this is from The Onion; “an American satirical digital media company and newspaper organization that publishes articles on international, national, and local news.”

3 Likes

Who wouldn’t believe this Onion report if it’s on the Internet.

These days, at the end of the day, it’s about epistemology.

That said, actually, who needs epistemology when you’ve got the Internet.

1 Like

This is hilarious.

2 Likes

Well… he took quite a bit of flack for this dinner where something like 20 people were at the same table with no masks to be seen and no appropriate distancing. Actually I saw a piece about it on CBS This Morning where a main fact was pretty badly mangled. The reporter at first said it “appeared” to have been indoors, then later added that The French Laundry had said it was definitely outdoors (which squares with what I’ve read the restaurant is doing). Then one of the hosts made a comment about it being bad that it was indoors (which it apparently wasn’t).

Almost every week I see someone asking people to sign a Recall Newsom petitions here in SoCal. Enough politics already.

1 Like

For the record, Chennai. Interest was the comparison to Atelier Crenn.

Looking up epistemology.

ETA…just in case I am not the only one who doesn’t know.

“the theory of knowledge, especially with regard to its methods, validity, and scope. Epistemology is the investigation of what distinguishes justified belief from opinion.”

2 Likes

And now for something not that different:

1 Like

Was supposed to say “For the record, the HO interest was the comparison to Atelier Crenn.”

1 Like

And that’s the part I found hilarious, especially for us who are so used to debating the merits of restaurants to death.

1 Like

Our taxes at work . Wining and dining his good friend a lobbyist. With friends. Maybe he is home tonight at 10 pm

It does show that stupidity and entitlement do not know political boundaries.

Not from the onion, sf mayor rholf pilloried for not wearing a mask to a boxing match in a previous pandemic, after calling for tough mask rules. almost exactly 100 years ago they were called mask slackers.

the party was the 50th birthday for a private equity guy or something, right? newsome wouldn’t have picked the venue or footed the bill. we knew he had sleasy friends when we elected him.

I don’t have a n opinion about the Mayor, but that’s a pretty cool name!