[Freehold]Nice-ish dinner with good vegetarian options?

It’s been an insane week, and I’m wanting to take my wife out tonight for a nicer than usual dinner, but one that doesn’t break the bank. I’m in Manalapan but willing to drive an hour or so each way. I am a vegetarian, but she occasionally eats seafood. We like ‘ethnic’ food and are pretty open minded. Does anyone know of a place that might work?

Aarzu in Freehold ticks off all your boxes.

3 Likes

@Ct.ebner84 EXACTLY my recommendation! Aarzu is a lovely space and fantastic food for meat-eaters and non-. It’s also BYO. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Another vote!

I’d also toss reylas in Asbury park into the mix tons of veggie options. Not BYOB

2 Likes

Would lemon in freehold work?

1 Like

Those are all PERFECT suggestions. We just did Lemon a few weeks ago, and loved it. It looks like the wife is thinking hotpot out towards Trenton, but I’m going to cast my vote for Reyla next time.

1 Like

Absolutely a great rec - I just thought Aarzu because it’s in Freehold.
Another good rec in AP is Ada’s, which is also BYO, has both veg and non-veg options, and is delicious and BYO as well.

@CurlzNJ and @gracieggg came up with 3 of my favorites. Speaking of which - we do still need to get back to Reyla.

2 Likes

Yes. We. DO!

1 Like

Ready!!!

1 Like

More details please

http://liuyishouna.com/ It’s pretty damn good. Not super expensive, service is pleasant, plenty of vegetarian options. My wife’s a huge fan.

1 Like

This place is ridiculously close to where I work and I was completely unaware of it. Thanks!!

Absolutely!

Where did you end up the other night??

1 Like

LiuYiShou HotPot out in Lawrence. It’s a small-ish chain, but really good. We had the 2 broth hotpot, half spicy, and my wife wanted to try the tomato. Did a tofu platter, mushrooms, some greens, rice cakes, and handmade noodles. The wife made her sauce a thin soy and vinegar based one, mine was a similar base but I added sesame paste and a Whole Bunch of Sichuan peppercorn, because I love the ma la. Recommend. The liquor store in the same plaza has some interesting finds as well.

1 Like

You had me at ma la! Sounds like a delicious dinner. Let us know when you’re headed to AP!

Absolutely!