Fratelli's - Spring Branch, Houston

I don’t remember where I heard about Fratelli’s a couple of years ago, but it’s been on my “to try” list (an actual list on my phone) for a while now. Today a friend wanted to meet and asked me for a suggestion so we headed there.

Owner Barbara Marquis is an escapee from the Landry’s empire, having decided she’d rather count her own money instead of Fertitta’s, so she purchased the name from the original owners of a Fratelli’s off 290 (now closed) and opened her version on Wirt north of I-10.

My friend had a special o’ day, a steak salad and said the steak was terrific, tender, juicy and flavorful. I had the pasta primavera, in large part because the menu described a “cream sauce” which sounded really good. It appeared with just olive oil but was still tasty with lots of garlic and I had them dump some parm on it so it would be less healthy. :joy::woman_shrugging:

They suggested a $130 bottle of chardonnay that was on special for $90, still too rich for my blood, but we did get some La Crema chardonnay which is one of my favs anyway. We both had the truffled mushroom soup which was pretty amazing. The service was great. Good little neighborhood quiet place.

I haven’t tried any other new places lately, just my favorite haunts. And now, I’m out for some dental work and have stocked up on mashed potatoes, yogurt and mac n cheese. :unamused: Over and out, for a bit.

4 Likes

This reminds me of the time we were on the River Walk at Little Rhein Steakhouse and the upselling started immediately, can we get you a bottle of water, 8 dollars, a bottle of wine 200 dollars, which reminds me of Boomhauer on King of the Hill.

Everyone wondered why he got so many women and it turned out he was hitting on all the ones he saw getting slapped down most of the time but all it took was one or two, same with the wine.

Anyway, nice review and it’s close so we should check it out, went to the one on 290 years ago.

Good luck with the tooth/teeth and looking forward to hearing from you again soon.

1 Like