Forum software updated tonight

Forgot to add - however NOT having any count on the number of “NEW” posts is still frustrating. This is what I see in the sidebar:

And this is what was there after clicking on it:

Usually there’s way more than a single new post after a weekend, so not sure if this is working properly?

3 Likes

Mine shows only 5 @ 9 :00 CDT so maybe just a quiet weekend?

1 Like

I wonder if it feeds to your NEW depending on where you post or read most often?

1 Like

Mine list 208 new posts at 12:46.

1 Like

I thought new meant newly posted threads, signified by a blue dot accompanying it. That’s why I look at latest at least a few times a day since new is included.

1 Like

Sidebar vs hamburger- please vote - Site Discussions - Hungry Onion

1 Like

I’m not getting that easy quote option when I select another poster’s text, when I am 9n my Pixel tablet. I still get it on my older Samsung tablet.

Funny, that just happened to me as well. It finally worked on the fifth or sixth try.

1 Like

Yes, I was surprised and annoyed by the hamburger sidebar on the left. Tried to see how to get rid of it and then finally clicked the bacon thing…gone! Much happier now.

2 Likes

Extreme load header was back again today.

Despite the rather alarming wording, getting this warning every once in a while is ok. It just means that we happen to have a lot of people on the site at that very moment. what we don’t want is this warning 10 times every day.

2 Likes

There appears to be a glitch in the software, it is only allowing me to delete one post per 24 hour period.

Can this be fixed??

1 Like

This is not a glitch. This is by design. The software will let you delete for example if you mis-post something shortly after you originally posted it. But it is not designed for mass deleting posts. Because a forum is a collection of conversations, deleting a post mid-conversation will essentially remove some of the context of the conversation.

4 Likes

Still get error messages randomly. - when I try to open “new” threads, or navigate around the site.

Happens several times a day.

What do they say?

While I don’t recall the error msg for trying to delete a post (which recently worked), I was just now logged out (which happens a few times a day now), and when I tried to log in, I got this strange message.

Same happened yesterday once or twice.

The logo in the top left now doesn’t show up for me in the front page.

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 9.49.57 PM

This is the image url

https://cdn.hungryonion.org/original/3X/c/8/c8de6be16733938cf20d753977c09e5b2592248f.png

This is the message I get when opening it

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<BucketName>hungryonionstatic</BucketName>
<RequestId>tx0000000000000306f5f67-0066176b04-41e2cfd5-nyc3a</RequestId>
<HostId>41e2cfd5-nyc3a-nyc</HostId>
</Error>

Same here
iPad Air iOS 17.4.1

1 Like

and @MrGuyGuyGuy …me, three.

It should be fixed now. Thanks.