For those who can spare it - Monmouth county NJ

A little background.

I’m a school teacher and am still working and getting paid. My wife runs a store and is closed. She is busier now with a lot of volunteering. She has sold masks and delivered them herself locally or paid for shipping so her artists can make some money. She and her artists have donated over $10,000 worth of masks to local and NYC first responders and essential workers.

Through all this she has also been donating time, food, supplies and more to our local HABCore to provide housing, food, and essentials to our local homeless veterans and others with special needs.

She doesn’t read HO and will never see this but I want to do something special for her birthday tomorrow. She has created a birthday fundraiser on Facebook with a modest goal of raising $200 for HABCore. I’d like her to surpass that goal.

Love you all and wish we were talking about having a HODown celebration.

6 Likes

Done.

It’s funny, I have a policy of not donating for fb “friends” birthdays because I feel guilty if I don’t do it for everyone. Italian American Catholic guilt is on a par with the Jewish brand.

But I have no problem doing it semi-anonymously, and when it is for such a great cause.

1 Like

Tyvm @tomt !!! Funny thing is that Deb called me from her errands and deliveries early yesterday to say that she’d reached her goal. I didn’t know that the goal was also a ceiling so I had to convince her to raise it without telling her why she was getting so many donations. It’s always a hoot around here!

3 Likes

Done! I love local people doing local acts of kindness and living a good life! Happy birthday to her!

3 Likes

I’m listening to Deb talk to her Mom now gushing about how much money she’s raised for HABCore! I’ll never tell.

Thank you @heidicooksandbakes and to all who donated anonymously! You guys rock!

3 Likes

Done

1 Like

I’ve gotta admit I’m enjoying her wondering who some of the people who are donating are. :grin:

Thank you one and all!

1 Like

Just tell her that’s how social media works…other people share it with their friends. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done. Tell your wife to keep up the great work!

1 Like

I “wished” Deb a Happy Birthday first thing this morning too.

2 Likes

Apparently she did something to remove the ceiling: it’s currently over the quoted goal.
Is there some way those of us not on Facebook can donate?

1 Like

I did it via the organization’s site because I’m not on FB either. Just tagged it “in honor of” and typed happy birthday Deb E.

1 Like