Food Truck BBQ - Monmouth Race Track NJ

I am in total shock. It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon & I figured I would cruise over to Monmouth Park to check out the beer & BBQ festival.
So I figured it’s all about food trucks of which I am not a big fan first of all but what the hell I grew up on NYC dirty water franks.
I get there take a quick lap around & notice big lines at the trucks offering BBQ and a manageable size line for beer.
That’s when sticker shock set in other than a taco truck offering 2 for $10 tacos other than a $5 hot dog the entrées were $20 - $27 bucks!! From a food truck? Really? If this is the way it is I’ll pass.
Which of course I did.
Went over to the track picked 2 races and had a $5.00 Yuengling. Broke even on my picks & headed for home.
Hey is it me or are food trucks pricey ? Not for me.

2 Likes

That’s unfortunately been the case since they started the food truck festival there. Truthfully I’ve never made it to the front of the lines to see the prices, generally the lines are so long I’ve never bothered to wait in them.

1 Like

Food trucks are basically a scam at this point. It’s not usual that a food truck is selling food for less $ than a sit down restaurant.

1 Like

Glad I’m not alone :+1:

1 Like

I just don’t get the attraction of a food truck, can’t be sanitary as a brick & mortar place. Not for me.

1 Like