Food Poisoning Expert 6 Foods To Avoid

The first one is perhaps a surprise but it does make total sense. The last one is my personal favorite, I’ll continue to run the risk!!

Good lord, that’s a terrible article. She couldn’t find anyone to interview with a background in medicine or some other science? Her “food poisoning expert” is a laywer. She writes, “In the early '80s and '90s, salmonella was an epidemic from raw eggs…” What does that even mean? Is it something else now?

2 Likes

Oh man, no more medium steak or raw oyster? that’s a bit of a problem.

My favorite part is the stock photo of Brussels sprouts in the sprouts section, as if they are the same sort of thing as alfalfa/mung bean/clover sprouts.

8 Likes

The author and that attorney must be be a blast to eat out with…

“I’ll start with a dozen oysters, but cook them all the way through, and then I’ll go with the filet, well done and a baked potato. No green onions or sour cream, since they might be contaminated. To finish, just bring me a whole apple…”

2 Likes

Yes, and the pic. of a cooked egg in the raw egg bit, and “Marler recommends steering clear of meat that is cooked rare.” next to a pic. of Steak Tartare!

Sloppy (actually non-existent) sub-editing.

Perfectly good topic, and thanks to the OP, but I struggle to ignore the poor presentation.

1 Like

I am with Junior. I will continue to run the risk…

1 Like

I live in Houston/Galveston and won’t eat raw oysters when the water is warm most of the year. Having said that I was in Galveston/Surfside last week and had oysters four straight days, 2 times blackened and 2 times fried. I eat cooked oysters year round.

It’s blue crab season now. There will be crabs next day off.

I’ve got a prime top sirloin, 3.97 a pound thank-you, that has rare/medium rare written all over it.

Here too, will continue the risk. Actually, got sick mildly once from oysters, bought directly from the producers.

The 2 most toxic food poisoning I had (with husband) was dinner in an Italian restaurant in Marseille and another time in a Russian restaurant restaurant in Paris. Both meal, food were cooked, nothing raw.

1 Like