Food Banks [NJ]

I suspect most of us don’ t have a lot of extra food lying around, but monetary donations can help food banks too. Here’s the Old Bridge info:

Non-perishable items and toiletries ; drop off on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between 10am and 12pm at the no-contact drop off area at the food bank [“in the municipal complex in the little red barn”]. Send checks to: Old Bridge Food Bank, Attn: Anahita Feltz, 1 Old Bridge Plaza, Old Bridge, NJ 08857.

3 Likes

Fulfill (formerly the Food Bank of Monmouth/Ocean Counties) is doing Crisis Relief Boxes .

A $30 donation funds a 4-day Crisis Relief Box for a family of 4.

– You can fund one or several pre-packaged box(es) of food.
– You can create your own menu for a family in need by shopping for items below.
– You can make a monetary donation of any amount you choose.

Help us reach our goal of raising $100,000!

The Jersey Shore has always taken care of its own during challenging times. We did it after Sandy, and we will do it again… but we need YOUR help.

Thanks to our wholesale buying power, every dollar you donate provides even more urgently needed meals during this crisis.

Sidebar: Once you choose your donation, it goes in to the CART on the top right of the page; that’s where you ‘check out’ and complete the transaction.

6 Likes

Thanks for starting this thread. I was thinking about this topic earlier and will make a few donations tomorrow though my work portal. They match 100% up to $3k a year.

4 Likes

That’s AWESOME!

2 Likes

It is a real win win situation. Helps the company look good. Gives the charity more dollars!

1 Like

This isn’t quite a food bank situation, but it involves feeding front line workers, so I thought I’d share. Interesting that Chef David Burke is involved as well.

https://www.flag2020.org

2 Likes

Same here–not a food bank but help for restaurant workers:

CNN’s Listing of “Vetted” Charities

1 Like

Also, locally, give to support HabCore. They provide housing, food, and services to veterans and other homeless folks in our area and, like many other charities, are in desperate need.

1 Like

I can attest to the work FLAG has been doing. Out EMS shifts have been crazy busy and there is no longer time for us to even think of cooking – or even taking the time to order food during our shifts. But at least 3 times recently, FLAG has stopped by with food ready to go from local vendors. Lifesaver it is…

4 Likes