Flame grilled burgers [Greater Boston area]

Where can I find the best flame grilled burgers…not the flat top type a not Burger King😊. Boston and surrounding towns preferred. Thanks.

93 views and not 1 response. Hmmmmm……

Yeah, well, I never order beef burgers when out so I don’t have an opinion on them. But at least you got a response! :grin:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, folks tend not to respond when they don’t have a useful answer to the question that’s been asked. Likely true here.

Hope you find that burger you are craving!

1 Like

Thanks. I live in a high-rise and we can’t have gas/charcoal grills on our balconies. I hate flat top burgers. I can make those in my kitchen.

1 Like

Hate is a strong word. I use the Bittman method in a cast iron pan and I love my burgers. So much so that I don’t order burgers out, flame grilled or otherwise. And if I am going to fire up the grill, I’d rather do it for spare ribs.

That’s true Denise. Could also be many people haven’t eaten out regularly and many favorites may have closed. That being said we have been to The Abbey on Mass Ave in Cambridge between Porter and Harvard Square. One of the very few places that consistently has a delicious burger actually cooked to the doneness you ask for. Beyond that Frank’s Steak House in North Cambridge has a burger that’s pretty good.

2 Likes

Try Sullivans in Somerville (Beacon Street).

2 Likes

Thank you.

Yeah, it’s not something we order out on a regular basis. That said, in the past I’ve loved the burgers at Alden and Harlow. I believe they do something silly like keep them a secret or only have a limited number available, but they’re tasty. And of course, the indulgent burger at the late Craigie on Main was a excellent but that doesn’t help you now.

Oops, i meant R.F. O’Sullivans

I haven’t tried O’Sullivan’s recently, did enjoy in the past. The online menu looks drastically reduced from what I remember years ago, and the Lynn location closed in April.

R.F. O’Sullivans might be your best bet. I honestly can’t remember if it’s flame grilled, I haven’t been there in years, but I do remember it being one of the best burgers I’ve had in the greater Boston area, hands down

Thanks, Jeremy. I plan on trying it.

1 Like

How about the Back Deck, downtown, near the common, just around the corner from the Opera House?
Same chef as the long gone but great, Daddy-O’s in Somerville (where Oleana is now)

I’ll definitely keep that on my list, however, not the most convenient for parking. Thank you.

Recently had a delicious burger at Frank’s Steakhouse in North Cambridge. Had not ordered before but will again ! 9 oz. burger, medium rare, with BBQ sauce on the side, cheese & crispy, thin onion rings (more strings) - it is the All American Burger. Skipped the fries (not my thing) & went with vegetable of the day. Call ahead to see if you need a reservation, they’ll tell you how long your wait may be.

3 Likes

I’ve always loved Frank - the ambiance, the food, the pricing, the history however I still cannot believe that they don’t have and never have offered creamed spinach as a side. I don’t know why, but it just feels wrong for a steakhouse to not have that option. :frowning:

I could not agree with you more. Frank’s rocks in so many ways - but the sides are not one of them!

1 Like

Didn’t even think of Frank’s. Thank you.