Fish or good seafood near Asbury or Long branch area?

Looking for something good. thoughts?

I really enjoy the grilled fish at Niko’s Trapezi, but a little pricey. It’s Greek to Me does a good job too.

Mr. Shrimp in Belmar, believe it or not!

People also rave about The Bonney Read in Asbury Park.

Mr. Shrimp + 1

I’m going to catch some flack for this but I"m going to say Rooney’s as well. I will admit that Rooney’s is over priced AND they servings have become “smaller”, but their food is good and I am a sucker for their location.

Then of course there is Fish in Asbury Park (I’ve never been but I’ve heard good things):
http://www.citybytheseahospitalitygroup.com/#!about1/c3yb

Depending on your exact fish preferences, if you are looking for shell fish and or your normal fish dishes, I would suggest Jimmy’s in Asbury Park. This is an old school Italian restaurant with EXCELLENT food, but it’s not a seafood restaurant, however they do have all the normal Italian / Seafood dishes if that’s your cup of tea.
(was there last night and my father in law had their grilled tuna, just seared, it was very good)

We used to go to Rooney’s since we loved sitting in the back room with the doors open and the gorgeous view of the Atlantic. So, in that regard, I’m with you. However… (Incoming flak! :smile:) I disagree with you about the food. Not that it was ever anywhere near great. But we stopped going quite a few years ago because we felt the food took a steep decline, going from o.k. to poor.

My Blog
My Flickr

Spike’s in Point Pleasant.

Where is spikes?

I’m embarrassed thati didn’t mention Red’s Lobster Pot!

Right by the bridge, next to the Shrimp Shack. Little bitty place.

Spike’s is on the westbound side of Broadway. Kinda across from 7-11.

As to the OP’s question, assuming the geographic range extends that far south, I’ll submit the Shipwreck in Brielle. I find it a better place than anything noted thus far. Though, to be fair, I’ve got quite a soft spot for hanging out on the deck at Red’s.

Shrimp Shack?

Shrimp Box maybe?

On my way to Shipwreck as I type this.

Nikos does have some tasty branzino.

I only had it once but norahs whole fried red snapper topped off with some oxtail sauce was a treat. Fridays she gets fresh fish. …fyi