first sauerkraut

It’s something else, as in this: http://www.walmart.com/ip/31196437

And I see that at least for the moment, we’re both out of luck on ordering some today, as it says it’s “out of stock,” however theree’s a tab to load your email address for a notice when it’s back in stock. (sigh of relief!) And obviously I did not order it by the dozen case. Just a six pack.

While I was on the walmart.com website, I also ran a search for ALL of the “Othentic” brand items they have in stock and my other favorite, beet borscht, is not showing up at all, not even as “out of stock.” I did buy a case of that from Walmart.com, and at that time my housekeeper was Ukranian, and a former restaurant chef in the Ukraine, and she pronounced the “Othentic” brand beet borscht as absolutely authentic! It too, as with all “Othentic” brand foods, is from Poland. I also buy grass fed meatballs from Sam’s Club and add a couple of those (cut up) to the Othentic Polish borscht, and it is just fabulous with a generous dollop of smetana (Rooskie for “sour cream”). Absolutely yummy! Oh, and the Othentic Borscht is a “condensed” soup that Camptbell’s would never recognize. Large chunks of fresh vegetables that you dilute with 1 jar of borscht concentrated soup to 1.5 jars of water. If Walmart ever gets it back in stock again, I’ll order another carton! Really good.

Sorry about the “out of stock” on the saurkraut, but they could restock any day. If you’re interested, sign up for the restocked notification.

Cline, this may float your boat

http://www.cvs.com/shop/household-grocery/food-snacks/canned-prepared/othentic-organic-sauerkraut-30-34-oz-6ct-skuid-957911

currently a 20 % off coupon (save20) on the site if you get more than 49USD worth of stuff.

Unfortunately does not qualify for free shipping as is too heavy

Bought this and some hot sauces for Christmas presents and it ended up being 26.39 for 6 30 oz jars.

With the hot sauces shipping was 6 some-odd USD

Worth a look

Will have to try it. After multiple threats from my daughters, anything with low slow cooked kraut must be done outside. To me the smell of kraut is warm and inviting, especially during a cold snowy winter eve.

We ferment kraut all the time. As long as you skim it regularly it doesn’t smell.

the stench of that commercial kraut always made m retch and could never eat it. had to avoid reubens entirely!! once i tried home-made i am a complete convert. smells nothing like that other stuff.