FDA says: NyQuil Chicken is Dangerous

Delete.

They are ā€˜trendsā€™ as defined by the app. i.e. Twitter has ā€˜trending topicsā€™. I assume TikTok has something similar (Iā€™ve never opened the app or gone to the site itself, so I donā€™t know specifics). They are reporting what The Algorithm has identified as ā€˜trendingā€™, leading to a self-fulfilling prophecy of these topics gaining greater-than-niche notice.

To do the actual analysis and, you know, news gathering that would be required to determine if these were simply ā€˜topics of discussionā€™ or ā€˜things people are actually doingā€™ would take longer than a news cycle and would not lead to immediate clicks and ad views. This is not the 20th century, so no such work will be done. Thereā€™s insufficient profit in it.

1 Like

Probably not a thing (yet), but we are the nation that has to sell hairdryers with a warning tag not to use it while you sleep. And also not to eat that little pack of silica gel that you might find in a new purse or pair of shoes. :pensive::face_exhaling:

2 Likes

What is nucking futz is that there are people who will do it. Acetaminophen is a very toxic substance. Remember the late 70ā€™s pop singer Nicolette Larson?..Acetaminophen overdose. Dextromethorphan is also not a benign drug itself. This could very well kill people who try it.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had more than one doctor tell me that if Acetaminophen were up for approval today, thereā€™s virtually zero chance it would be legalized as over-the-counter. The ability to compromise liver function alone would indicate tight prescription and dosage standards.

2 Likes

What, the drugs donā€™t cook off like alcohol?

No, it doesnā€™t sound like a good idea to cook with Nyquil, but I did not know that heat would change it and make it more dangerous.

Some people use cough syrup recreationally so itā€™s not that far of a stretch from cooking with weed or making extra boozy food. If you can add wine or bourbon to your chicken, why not purple drank?

1 Like

Iā€™m quite sure thatā€™s why they took the alcohol out of Nyquil, actually. It gives your poor liver a double whammy.

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to buy a ā€œduhā€, Pat!

1 Like