Favorite Food Halls around NYC...

Grand Central already has a food court with a variety of restaurants and a market that sells prepared food (and un-prepared food).

I go at least once/week. The bar pours a great cocktail and has a solid wine list with both local and Nordic origins. I am OBSESSED with the potato pizzette/tartine (not sure of the proper Nordic name) at Meyers Bagieri, too.

Yes, small h. You reminded me. I will be visiting both and report back…

There’s not much I would recommend from the food court (or Dining Concourse, if you want to find it on a map). I’ve gotten falafel from Eata Pita, which was fine. The market has, in my opinion, plenty of good options, like Wild Edibles, Dishes at Home, and Eli Zabar.

Yes, and I have gotten things from the market and the food court downstairs. The new one just doesn’t do it for me.

I had the vegetarian one, there were some hard boiled eggs involved. But the ones with smoked salmon were way more popular with other diners. The bread they use is amazing- really dense and chewy texture

My travel plans to NYC had to be postponed but hearing that the rye bread used is excellent really has me intrigued and I am going to do my best to get there in the next month.

1 Like