Farming videos and articles 2020

I really wanted the info in the first video, but I could not sit through it. Anyone want to give me the TL;DW?

https://www.bloomberg.com/press-releases/2021-04-20/foundation-farms-corp-announces-vertical-farm-out-for-delivery

GMEV)
today announced confirmation of delivery and installation dates for the first
of its many vertical farms. The turnkey farm package has left the ZipGrow
manufacturing facility for arrival at the Red Deer area site this week. The
installation crew is scheduled to arrive on site next Monday and assembly and
commissioning will be completed next week. Production of the first crop will
begin on May 1.

1 Like
1 Like

excerpt:

“The Packers and Stockyards Act is a vital tool for protecting farmers and ranchers from excessive concentration in the poultry, hog, and cattle markets,” Andy Green, a senior adviser for fair and competitive markets at the USDA, said in an email. “It should not be used as a safe harbor for bad actors.”

Campaign promises are starting to turn into action. Yesterday, the USDA announced a $4 billion investment through an effort called the Build Back Better initiative. The fund is designed to target a range of inequities in the agricultural sector, and it specifically mentions the need to spur greater competition for smaller meat processors.

1 Like

I found this to be very interesting. But then I’m a fan of Jeremy. Even if you don’t like him, there are some things to learn about learning to farm.

3 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

excerpt:

From 2019 to 2020, Pennsylvania sold 526,336,000 pounds of mushrooms, about two-thirds of the total amount of mushrooms sold in the United States, and the majority of that production was in Chester County, the area around Kennett Square.

3 Likes

Pistachios, peanuts, pecans, walnuts, macadamias, almonds - these Modern Marvels episodes for the History Channel are incredibly well done -

1 Like
1 Like