eugene's diner - portchester ny

Anyone tried them?
I’ll admit to having only tried the parlor, and not enjoying it.
I was/is anxious to try Eugene’s, but the menu itself is a bit off-putting ,as one of the “features” is a fried bologna sandwich. The menu itself seems small, except if you want more of a "catered " event such as prime rib @$100 pp. Looks like it may be good for brunch.

0 Likes

(Gwenn) #2

I have not even seen the menu. I am a huge fan of the Cookery, so,I’m looking forward to giving this a try. My husband loves fried bologna!

@richb51- where did you see the menu?

0 Likes

(Jimmy ) #3

But wait. A Fried Bologna Sandwich can be a thing of beauty.

1 Like

I’d hit it.
1f780c41-58ff-4fb1-bdf9-65eff8baa11d-cm032919eugene02

2 Likes

here’s the link:https://eugenesdiner.com/grub/

0 Likes

Does that $13hot dog include any sides!?!

1 Like

(Gwenn) #7

Thanks!

0 Likes

come on , it works out to $1 an inch and they even throw in the mustard and kraut -
The one saving grace is they don’t offer it with ketchup.
But why not REALLY SPLURGE and go for the prime rib @ $100 pp.
Just goes to show what happens when you legalize marijuana use. LOL

0 Likes

I love a fried bologna sandwich but there’s no way I would eat it with that salad on top, nor on a bun (messes up the bread to meat ratio). Fried bologna on squishy white bread, bit of mustard. Basta.

2 Likes

(Jimmy ) #10

I’ve done that when the house was empty, save for me and the pups.

0 Likes

Ridiculous. It must include a side. Right??? That’s laughable if not. None of those items are listed with a side and then the sides appear at the end of the menu. A hot dog and fries would run $19 if the fries are not included.

I’m going to pass on this one regardless. Too much other good food in Port Chester.

0 Likes

(Gwenn) #12

I may pass on it too. Really doesn’t look like a spot for dinner and if I’m going that far from home, I’ll hit up The Cookery.

0 Likes

Exactly.

0 Likes

(Bill) #14

Doesn’t look like anything other than the “Large Format” stuff includes sides.

0 Likes

(Bill) #15

That pricing is ridiculous although the roast duck for $35 pp including “sides n such” might actually be reasonable. It’s probably a mistake.

0 Likes

They changed the hot dog to $14!

0 Likes

From Westchester magazine, recent review
An aesthetic nightmare IMO

0 Likes

Did they (at least) make the hot dog one inch longer? At least then it would still be $1 an inch.
I think I will now give it a complete pass.

0 Likes

(Bill) #19

Since I don’t see a separate thread about, I’ll mention here that Westchester Magazine reviewed The Rare Bit in the new issue. I do not see the review online but they gave the food only 2 stars out of 4. Service got 4 stars and decor 3. Given that we waited a LONG time for our food when we ate there, I would have rated the service much lower.

More importantly (for me), my wife, son and I made it to the photo in the article! They had a photographer there shooting the food and dining room while we were there in March for a RW lunch (he did give us a heads up that we might be in a picture and asked for our OK). Oddly, only the fish & chips and a shot of tea being poured made it into the article, along with a photo of the dining room. He had a whole plate of food that he was shooting when we arrived.

0 Likes

(Gwenn) #20

A food supa-star!!! I just got my issue and all the dining pages are attached at the top! I managed to see the photo. I see they also reviewed Locali. Haven’t read that yet. I have no desire to go to The Rare Bit. Menu doesn’t appeal except for the Sunday rib roast.

1 Like