Estia [Adelaide, Australia]

We’re visiting family and friends in Adelaide at the moment. A foodie friend recommended Estia as her ‘go to’ for Greek food when dining out. It’s located in Henley Beach, a suburb of Adelaide. The restaurant itself sits a stone’s throw from the beach but set back a bit, so you won’t get sea views. Indoor and outdoor seating available. The food was terrific and the service charming and attentive. The restaurant had a very lively buzz but wasn’t overwhelming.
We ordered scallops grilled in garlic butter (from the specials board), grilled chicken, grilled lamb fillet, fried whitebait and kolokithi (croquettes made of zucchini and cheese) and a Greek salad. We were advised the scallops would come out first on their own, then everything else together. The scallops were perfectly cooked in my opinion but I was a bit disappointed they didn’t have the roe on them. My husband was hoping for a bit of a sear on the surface of the scallops but was appreciative of the fact they weren’t overcooked. The other plates came out on a gigantic sharing platter which looked amazing. The food came on a bed of couscous with colourful salad and small shallow bowls of skordalia and tzatziki. The Greek salad came separately in its own bowl. Everything was cooked beautifully. Very tasty and perfect for the Australian summertime. To drink, a mixed bag which included a glass of white wine, a mocktail and a peppermint tea. Bill came to $175 before tip.
Estia_food_menu.pdf (744.8 KB)

8 Likes

That looks so delicious!

1 Like