Empty restaurants New Jersey

Thank YOU, Ed! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

I should also add that Hunan Wok by Target in Middletown is open. I’ve only ordered from there once despite living VERY close by for the last two years. I’ll leave it at that. But it’s one of the few Chinese places still open.

1 Like

Interesting that I didn’t know getting Chinese food was difficult as Tai Hing is our normal spot.

2 Likes

Hysteria combined with close-mindedness would be the reason.

The same people afraid of ordering specifically Chinese food happen to have no problem packing themselves in at the supermarket, being on top of each other for their hoarding, and touching the same items and putting them back, etc, etc.

Very disheartening.

That reminds me: I have to call New Happy Garden. When we last spoke to them, they said it would be “about two weeks” that they were taking a break. I feel like it has been nearly three weeks now. I wonder if they decided to re-open.

1 Like

I tried over a week ago to order from Little Szechuan in Little Silver, closed as were the next 3 subsequent attempts. I just gave up on it but might try this place for a change of pace.

1 Like

Reminds me of the Seinfeld Chinese Restaurant episode when their table would be ready in 5, 10 minutes.

Keep trying.

We have a sprawling Vietnamese/Chinese area in Houston and they were having problems with paranoid patrons weeks before this situation exploded.

1 Like