El Sugundo Opens in SoNo, CT

The team from The Spread open their latest venture El Segundo this week in the Iron Works porject on the northwest corner of Washington and North Water this week (same courtyard as Harlan Publick). The menu feature global street foods. I was invited to a pre-opening last week to see the space and taste some of Chef Carlos’ opening menu.

The space is really cool, corrugated metal walls with spray-painted graffiti, a 2010 juke box and a long, long bar (of course).

The food…

Street foods from everywhere in the world, skewers, tacos, ceviches, Latin, Asian, American, European, and some were spectacular. I really liked the steak tips, ceviche, corn and the arepa. I liked the empanada, hot dog, chicken skewer and fish soup. Some of the others I think still need a little fine tuning.

The place will kill it and with another outstanding restaurant sharing the courtyard this will be an amazing go-to location.

2 Likes

Thanks for posting, jfood, sounds like a great addition to the area.

Here’s more about the resto and its young exciting chef

http://www.ctbites.com/home/2016/9/2/first-taste-el-segundo-opens-in-sono-starring-the-spreads-ca.html