Eggs

Case of 12 doz jumbo was $23 last week. This week - $48. Looks like eggless egg sandwiches.

1 Like

Huh.

I pay between $4 Cdn ($3.18 USD today) and $7 Cdn ($5.56 USD today) per dozen large or extra large eggs. $4 Cdn for conventional large eggs, $7 Cdn for free range or some other special kind of chicken egg.

Can’t imagine getting 144 jumbo eggs for $48 USD, let alone $23 USD.

1 Like

I bought 18 large today for $1,99 to make deviled eggs on Easter

3 Likes

My fancy-pants greenmarket eggs have been $5-6/dozen for a few years now, which is of course more than supermarket eggs, but the price seemingly has not been affected by recent events.

2 Likes

$5.50 a dozen pastured from a local farmer. Much fresher than the grocery store. Taste better, too.

2 Likes

I find the price of eggs fluctuates widely in my area. The actual price differential is only a dollar or two per dozen, but since eggs are fairly cheap anyway, a dollar can represent as much as 50% of the “normal” price. When you are buying by the case, that really adds up.

2 Likes

I can get local eggs at my butcher at the market, and at an independent market :slight_smile: The hens live about 15 km away from me. :slight_smile: I’ll have to double-check the price, usually between $5 and $6 Cdn, I think.

1 Like

From a nearby farmer, $7 a dozen. He said he’s seen them lately at for $5 for a half doz😮

2 Likes

I get these from Whole Foods; not too bad price-wise.

1 Like

We get pasture-raised, local eggs for free from a friend. Or get local eggs from the store. They’re never more than $5 for a dozen.

1 Like

I get these from my CSA

Che’s pasture raised eggs 1 dozen

$7.99

They used to offer three or so options, including “free range”.

ETA. Here they are, but without the prices which are usually within a dollar or so of the pasture raised.

1 Like