[Edgware, Herts] - B & K Salt Beef Bar

I’ve been aware of this place for a long time and it has a very good reputation for it’s salt beef. It is though pretty far out of London and being at the end of the Northern line I’ve never really had an opportunity to visit. As luck would have it I had a morning meeting not far away and so decided to stop for lunch.
After some research I discovered that the founder not only is responsible for Tongue & Brisket but also started The Brass Rail in Selfridges.

I find the salt beef at Tongue & Brisket too lean form me. Not so here plenty of beautifully fatty salt beef on lovely soft rye bread. I also grabbed a couple of gefilte fish balls to take away. They tasted great and were lovely and soft and not at all dry. The matzo ball soup also looked good.

8 Likes

That looks excellent, thanks for this! I’ve also had this place on my to-try list for a while (one of the links I have saved for it is Qype, which I believe has been defunct for a good five years now).

Looks like a pretty high proportion of pickles to beef — I love pickles and am not a fan of those salt beef sandwiches stuffed ridiculously full of beef.