Eat to stay healthy

My thoughts, more explained. There’s science behind some of it, but I’d like to read the papers. I take probiotics for immunity boost and digestive health, try to eat a balanced diet and breathe fresh air. Maintain happiness, activity and social connectivity. Mental stimulation. Think it all helps. I worked in the medical foods/natural foods/supplement industry for a dozen years. This by no means makes me an expert, by far, but I was around a lot of research, and researchers all the time. The experience led me to my own thinking about eating for health or supplementing. Foods or supplements for everything that may ail mankind. (Not that this is my belief, necessarily, or exclusively by any means.) I’ve also been so sick I haven’t been able to eat or even desire much of anything. I say this because if you can’t eat, you certainly can’t eat properly for immunity. During the worst of it, however, I was always able to eat white rice with butter, or yogurt. Grateful for that.

2 Likes

Necco wafers are about to make a comeback.

Though I was never a fan, I was sad to see the manufacturer close a couple years ago. Spangler candy bought the brand and the revived Necco wafers will be made in Mexico.

2 Likes

Love it, and will employ that concept! :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Are you sure that’s legal?
Seems like the hot dog purists might be a tad upset with that.

2 Likes

More for me and mine :wink: naturally.

1 Like

Anything except ketchup.

1 Like

Not sure this counts as healthy as there is a lot of cheese. Made tortellini soup last week and had tortellini left over. Cooked that this morning and made a pasta salad. Tomato, bell pepper, a little onion, some radish sprouts. Vinaigrette dressing. A little muenster cheese (overlaps with cheese in the tortellini and we had it) microplaned over top.

1 Like

Since you brought up cheese @Auspicious and maybe the opposite of eating to stay healthy…

I have always had a soft spot for Cheezit crackers. Imagine my shock when I found these at the food store:
prod_img-8381082_00024100116607_extra_cheesy

I have two questions:

1. What were we eating before - the old and crappy Cheezits?

2. Why do they have to mess with things that were just bad enough beforehand?

3 Likes