East West in DC and VA

East West is a Turkish place that recently opened in Tenleytown. The people ar3 very nice, and the server said that they are trying things here that aren’t available at the two VA Locations, in Tyson and Arlington. I went with friends for lunch and. three of us chose the Kumru Sucuk,

a Turkish sausage sliced and grilled up on toasted French bread with pickles and couple of hot peppers. The sausage is very flavorful with garlic and paprika, and a bargain for $13.

Others in the group went with the alike Ekmek, a fish sandwich similarly dressed. That’s a lot of fish for $14, and both said that it was good, despite the rather bland appearance. I don’t know about the seasoning.

The fries were quite good – thin with a good crust but not crunchy.

East West brought us an interesting hot sauce, ketchup, and mayonnaise with our sandwiches. The hot sauce was very good as a dip for the fries.

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning this. I would not have realized there was a difference in the menus. Their website is weird (no straightforward Menu lisiitng) and when I select “Online Ordering” it refers me to the rather limited Arlington menu.

I have not been to any of the locations, but dinner options (available on Google Maps) in Tenleytown do look more interesting, and I am in the neighborhood quite often.

1 Like

They really do have a miserable online presence. They’ll need to up that to make that large space work.